huntlines

Trail cams still legal here

Decided to take my cellular trail cams to Kansas where they are still legal. I enjoy waking up in the morning and seeing sights like these.

76BAD19A-703B-4B8F-B6C5-2B1B624565ED.png

E6236E79-2A4F-4F4A-B4D1-303FA5C43B2F.png

• Like 8

I love how those SpyPoint cams print the GPS coordinates at the bottom! 

Wishful thinking I guess! 🤣

Great bucks!

• Haha 1

Cams are still legal, my neighbors put on good shows

Still legal here and will be until all of the land management agencies weigh in on photography on their lands. Game and Fish only has jurisdiction on take so there will always be cams on the landscape. If anyone believes they are going to all of a sudden disappear because of the dumb new rule for 2022, I got some Ocean Front Property for you, right here in Yuma!!!

• Like 6

I would like to buy some ocean front property in Yuma.  But, when will it happen?  You are right on with the "dumb new rule for 2022".  The same people are going to propose the new AWCS.  LOL

Ya the cell cams have been illegal for a while for sure. I just read the thread title and overlooked the cell part. My bad.

I see it as the same as operating an aircraft. Game and Fish only has so much jurisdiction. Its not like you can't fly an airplane over Arizona during a hunt, but you better not be talking to anybody on the ground. Same crap with this camera nonsense. Might not want to use it for hunting but there is nothing stopping anybody from still using a camera in the forest or wherever if you aren't using it for "take".

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

The ones that send pics to your phone aren’t legal here now I was told 

Illegal for take of wildlife, anybody can still use them to watch wildlife.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Yet you really never see the cellular ones anymore since the rule was enacted.   

I still see them but I mind my own business cuz they are probably bird watchers. 😉

• Haha 1