EagleEye

Bonus Points and Nonres Do they go with you?

Anyone know if I move out of state with 10 points and become a nonresident do I keep my 10 points? Go into the next draw with 10 nonres points?

You keep the points.  Get a lifetime license before you go if you can then you will not have to worry about the 10% cap.

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

You keep the points.  Get a lifetime license before you go if you can then you will not have to worry about the 10% cap.

Not sure this is entirely true.  I asked this very question when I was looking to move out of state.  I was interested in the lifetime license and AGFD told me it was a great idea, but it would only get me out of buying the NR license every year.  As a NR, I'd still have to pay for the NR tag price and it would still put me in the NR pool.  I could be wrong as it was a few years ago, but that's what I remember.

And, yes, you'll keep your points, OP.

Per the regs:

”If a lifetime license holder changes resi- dency status from Arizona, the licensee must then purchase non-resident stamps, tags, and permits. A non-resident tag or stamp can accompany your lifetime res- ident license. If you are a lifetime license holder who has moved out of state, the 10 percent non-resident cap does not apply to you. “

• Like 6

Charlie, your request for transfer has been denied, carry on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, EagleEye said:

Anyone know if I move out of state with 10 points and become a nonresident do I keep my 10 points? Go into the next draw with 10 nonres points?

Be sure to buy a lifetime license before you leave.

Yes do, in 2 years you would pay for it at none res lic prices.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

This 

• Like 1