Sign in to follow this  
maximus

Prayer for a friend

hopefully your friend continues to improve.

my work just instituted vaccines requirement, but I been vaccinated since January - now that pfizer got full FDA clearance for  16 yrs and older hopefully more people that can get the vax will get it, but I doubt it,  cracks me up now the narrative is the "FDA is political, in bed with big pharma" 

this week I have a good friend in her early 30's got covid from a relative that she spent 5 mins with, then her boyfriend and mother got it- she has ran marathons and her boyfriend is a Marine - both are extremely sick, the mom is in the hospital and not doing good (not on a vent  and pray it stays that way)   

• Like 1

I hope the young man continues to improve. Keep us posted!

5 hours ago, Redman said:

hopefully your friend continues to improve.

my work just instituted vaccines requirement, but I been vaccinated since January - now that pfizer got full FDA clearance for  16 yrs and older hopefully more people that can get the vax will get it, but I doubt it,  cracks me up now the narrative is the "FDA is political, in bed with big pharma" 

this week I have a good friend in her early 30's got covid from a relative that she spent 5 mins with, then her boyfriend and mother got it- she has ran marathons and her boyfriend is a Marine - both are extremely sick, the mom is in the hospital and not doing good (not on a vent  and pray it stays that way)   

my friend was not vaccinated, i always told him to do it but he did not believe, hope more will do it and we get rid of this. 

• Like 1

thank you all for the prayers, he came off the vent on friday, he still on dialysis but he is improving very slowly, doctor said it will be a long recovery.

thank you again. 

• Like 5

Super glad to hear that your friend is improving!!

Regarding dialysis being a primary means of treatment, my girlfriend is a dialysis nurse at Banner Desert (and floats to other locations…). She has been working her tail off, primarily in the ICU for well over a year now treating primarily Covid patients.   Lots of folks don’t realize that Covid does NOT just affect the lungs.  Seems like for the sickest of the sick, it’s the heart, kidneys, and other organs.  Dialysis is the difference between life snd death for many of the very sick cases. Tough stuff!

Again, glad to hear your friend is showing signs of improving!!  🙏🏼

S.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, stanley said:

Super glad to hear that your friend is improving!!

Regarding dialysis being a primary means of treatment, my girlfriend is a dialysis nurse at Banner Desert (and floats to other locations…). She has been working her tail off, primarily in the ICU for well over a year now treating primarily Covid patients.   Lots of folks don’t realize that Covid does NOT just affect the lungs.  Seems like for the sickest of the sick, it’s the heart, kidneys, and other organs.  Dialysis is the difference between life snd death for many of the very sick cases. Tough stuff!

Again, glad to hear your friend is showing signs of improving!!  🙏🏼

S.

Stan, please tell her thank you from all of us. It’s got to be incredibly taxing putting yourself in that environment. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Flatlander said:

Stan, please tell her thank you from all of us. It’s got to be incredibly taxing putting yourself in that environment. 

Yeah, thanks, Andrew.  I shared the sentiment last night (after she finished another 15 hour shift), and she appreciates it.  She is a trooper and truly cares greatly for her patients and takes joy in each and every recovery story.  Super happy that maximus' friend is on the right path.

On 9/7/2021 at 6:51 AM, stanley said:

Yeah, thanks, Andrew.  I shared the sentiment last night (after she finished another 15 hour shift), and she appreciates it.  She is a trooper and truly cares greatly for her patients and takes joy in each and every recovery story.  Super happy that maximus' friend is on the right path.

Stanley, 

thank your girlfriend for all the hardwork she puts in and all the stress, my wife used to work for Honorhealth, not a nurse but new a lot of them and she heard lots of stories about this nightmare of people sick of covid and dying alone because nobody could see them, on the other hand my friend is doing better still on dialysis but they moved him to a rehab facility, they said it will be a least a few weeks, his wife said that the doctors and nurses didn't think he was going to make it and that he is the first patient in that hospital that surivived after 19 day on a vent, i could not exprees all the gratitude to all of you guys that prayed for him.

Thank you and godbless.

• Like 3

well guys, thanks for all the prayers and well wishes, he went home yesterday and i went to see him today, everything is good organs wise, he is a little weak but he will get stronger, it will take time, between hospital and rehab he was there 3 months, for us is a miracle

thank you all and god bless.

• Like 4