Norcy

My pop has a nice selection of FE blocks and maybe a 302 laying around. I was lucky growing up, our back yard was a pick and pull for Mustangs, Galaxies, Falcons, and 64-72 F250's.

My first car at 16years old was a 67 F250 crew cab. My pop drove the wheels off it (actually the timing chain at 240k) when I was a pup. When I got my license, we pulled a 390 from a Galaxy he had stashed and swapped it in. During the swap, my dad ran a check on the motor and heads serial number and found out the Galaxy was a police interceptor. With that info he decided that I only needed a 2 barrel manifold....... sumbich got 6 MPG but still landed me in enough trouble.

Not everyone was as fortunate as I. When we finished the motor swap, he drove it around the block on a test drive. After everything seemed fine he throws me the keys and says, "I will follow you to the insurance office." I said " wait, I don't know how to drive a stick!!" He says, " that's why I'm following you".

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Those are the best memories, we used to have a lot of engines laying around but seems we have used them all. If he has a 302 I would definitely be interested.

1 hour ago, Norcy said:

Looks like you have a killer shop. But my dad is 80 and I want to build another engine with him.

I fully understand and appreciate what you're doing Sir. We can do the machine work and you and your Dad can assemble it. We do that all the time for customers. Please let me know if I can be of any help?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, joohnnybgood said:

I fully understand and appreciate what you're doing Sir. We can do the machine work and you and your Dad can assemble it. We do that all the time for customers. Please let me know if I can be of any help?

Can you pm me your info. I'll be in need of a rebuild shortly 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, joohnnybgood said:

Chit,

Sorry, wrong picture and don't know how to delete. Here's some Fords in process...

20210823_100721.jpg

20210823_100444.jpg

Do you re-surface and machine heads?

1 hour ago, 452b264 said:

Do you re-surface and machine heads?

Every day Sir. Here's a block during resurface. We can do it manually or in our CNC. Same machine resurfaces cylinder heads.

20210610_172035.jpg