Sign in to follow this  

So not cool! It almost never has rained on opening day of dove season. I saw that and am thinking I only have a 2WD truck at the moment. I'm still going.......I think!

On 8/27/2021 at 6:50 PM, lancetkenyon said:

Dang it!  I took Wednesday off work!

And now, aren't you glad you did. ;)

• Like 1

I went, never fired a shot. Never had to wait for the fog to lift on a dove hunt before.

• Sad 1

I shot 30 birds this morning. Mostly Euros and pigeons. Totally glad I woke up at 3am to check the weather. 

• Like 3

Went out after work, a little warm but decent amount of birds to shoot at with the amount of rain we got the night before. The birds were on the smaller side though.

And 1 less rattler, dang snake didn’t even rattle and I was 1 1/2’ away from me while looking for a downed bird, needless to say it was DRT……dead right there!!! 

02B94EF8-3B19-4B86-815F-BD3816725291.jpeg

• Like 1

The morning and whitewing where small. I started targeting the euros and pigeons because they are way fatter. 

My spot was dead this evening.  I think I might keep hunting it to save ammo! At this rate I'll only need 2 boxes for all of 2021. At 2 birds per hunt I'll have enough for appetizers after the first season.

41 birds (4 Mourning, 37 Euros) in 2 boxes+6 loose shells.  Was done by 8:30am.  Could have easily limited way early, but like Hoss, I was targeting Euros and letting Mourning and WW pass.  

Weather was amazing, cooler, mostly overcast, no rain or fog.  Birds did take their time to start flying however.  But once they did, they were everywhere.  

• Like 5

Today was alot slower. The rain moved through that area last night and it messed up the birds I think. Yesterday was way better.