Sign in to follow this  
AzDiamondHeat

Looking for a new sleeping pad

I'm tired of being tired whenever I have to slum it and sleep in a tent. My pad sucks. What do you poor people who sleep on the ground use that is comfortable?

Not an air mattress or anything that has to be packable.

Memory foam pad?

I used to put a 3” foam pad on my cot, slept better than at home. I bought a  couple 6” foldable pads from a member here but haven’t had a hunt  to try it out on yet. If your tent is large enough to use a large cot, I recommend it.

I just use a mattress from an old hide-a-bed. Sleeps two comfortably, me and my wife. Roll it up with two bungee cords. It's the last thing to go in the truck because it takes up a lot of room.

Paco pad is the only way to go. Have used all the different packable air pads, and foam pads and the paco is awesome. Haven’t had the privilege of a canvas cutter though. Downside to paco is it’s pretty big when rolled up. So it’s not a backcountry deal

Until wife #2 came along I slept with a 2” pad on the ground. Now I have cots but occasionally  still throw a Cabelas cot mattress with an Alps self inflating mattress on the ground.  Either works alone but the two together are better than what I have at home. 

Coleman cot with 2 inch pad on it.  This have been my set up for well over 10 years.  I have to replace the cot about every 5 or 6 years but I sleep just as good with this set up as I do in my bed at home.

I use a Slumberjack cot and a Teton pad. Very comfortable. I have two of those cots and on one of them the fabric was a very tight fit to the point it almost took two people at times to get it together. I contacted Slumberjack and they sent me a new one free of charge in two days.

It only took about 15 minutes to replace. I have had these cots for about 12 years and they are still like new.

12 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

I use a Slumberjack cot and a Teton pad. Very comfortable. I have two of those cots and on one of them the fabric was a very tight fit to the point it almost took two people at times to get it together. I contacted Slumberjack and they sent me a new one free of charge in two days.

It only took about 15 minutes to replace. I have had these cots for about 12 years and they are still like new.

2nd the slumberjack cots. I've got a trailer so no more on the ground stuff for me but still have the cots there great for trips and my daughter would rather sleep on them than a hotel bed

10 hours ago, Wilderlife said:

I'd recommend using a large cot and foam pads If your tent is large enough. You should be able to sleep comfortably after that.

Can you recommend a foam pad?

Thanks,

Eddie