Sign in to follow this  
sherman

Hunter safety

Does anyone know if there are any classes in Benson, Willcox, or even Sierra Vista from now up to February. Or where I can find an online class with a field day

I just signed my 9 year old up for online. It didn't show any in person classes or field days near Phoenix, so he will do it online. 

AZGFD is not doing in person H.E. classes right now. 

I would do the online thing and look for an online field day. 

You can get started here: 

https://www.hunter-ed.com/arizona/ and then watch for field days. 

I volunteer with AZGFD and we have just started doing field days for students who took the online course in the last few months. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Siwash said:

I volunteer with AZGFD and we have just started doing field days for students who took the online course in the last few months. 

Same here.  We've been doing the Streamlined Field Days for online students in Flagstaff since May.  We have more coming up, I think, but I won't be helping until after mid-October.  Right now, we're looking at (hoping to) start in-person classes next spring.  There is a significant backlog of online students who need field days, so those folks get priority and its being further prioritized for kids 9-13 who actually (legally) need the class.  We ran through our backlog of kids needing the field day here in Flagstaff quickly and now many of our participants are kids and adults from the Phoenix area, Prescott, Prescott Valley, Chino Valley.

Sherman, my daughter just started online yesterday. I think I still have your number, if I hear of any field days ill let you know. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Siwash said:

Thanks for the link, had just decided yesterday to retake this. Apparently AZGFD, the NRA nor myself can produce the proof I took the course 50 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Edge said:

Thanks for the link, had just decided yesterday to retake this. Apparently AZGFD, the NRA nor myself can produce the proof I took the course 50 years ago.

I believe you Edge.  As far as I'm concerned, if you say you took it, then you took it.  Full stop. 

But I'm not the AZGFD, nor do I know anyone there so have fun retaking the course.  It'll be worth it long term.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jimmer Negamanee said:

I believe you Edge.  As far as I'm concerned, if you say you took it, then you took it.  Full stop. 

But I'm not the AZGFD, nor do I know anyone there so have fun retaking the course.  It'll be worth it long term.

Thanks.

I recall the course well, took it with a couple friends at the Moose Lodge on the eastside. Dad would haul us there in a '68 Roadrunner then hit Jensens or some pawnshops. The field day was at the Tucson Rod and Gun Club.

1 hour ago, Edge said:

I took the course in 73 at our grade school. Called G&F a few years ago to get my bonus point and the gal said she seen where I had taken it, but it did not count for a bonus point? Got lucky and took the condensed course at the expo at Ben Avery.

1 hour ago, Huntnfish said:

I took the course in 73 at our grade school. Called G&F a few years ago to get my bonus point and the gal said she seen where I had taken it, but it did not count for a bonus point? Got lucky and took the condensed course at the expo at Ben Avery.

Why on earth would it not count if they had a record of u completing it? Those amateur bueracrats.

637828173_tenor(2).gif.064f858988c69bd9ea40b6482052d63c.gif

4 hours ago, zackcarp said:

Sherman, my daughter just started online yesterday. I think I still have your number, if I hear of any field days ill let you know. 

Ok cool my number hasn't changed