Sign in to follow this  
OpticNerd

Something like this ever happen to you?

I recently came across a guy on YouTube pirating some of my coues footage.

Any of you guys ever have someone else use your hunting pics or videos with out your permission?  Curious to see if this is the norm no days in the hunting world. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, OpticNerd said:

I recently came across a guy on YouTube pirating some of my coues footage.

Any of you guys ever have someone else use your hunting pics or videos with out your permission?  Curious to see if this is the norm no days in the hunting world. 

I don’t have anything worth copying 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Yes...not a lot you can do without spending lots of time and money.  That sucks...I hate thieves of all kinds

• Like 1

Good info here.

https://motioncue.com/copyright-laws-every-video-producer-should-know-about/

Sounds like a complaint to YT is your best recourse with the least amount of fuss.

Watermarking anything you put online is not a bad practice either.

Dude should have credited you at the very least. 

Cool you had something worth stealing though. Sucks but it is a compliment in a way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HorseHunter said:

Good info here.

https://motioncue.com/copyright-laws-every-video-producer-should-know-about/

Sounds like a complaint to YT is your best recourse with the least amount of fuss.

Watermarking anything you put online is not a bad practice either.

Dude should have credited you at the very least. 

Cool you had something worth stealing though. Sucks but it is a compliment in a way.

Yea it's kind of flattering in a way.

Pretty sure I'm not the only one this guy is taking footage from. He has about 10 or so videos out as of now and at the start of every one there's some pretty good live animal footage of elk, mule deer, and coues. I get the feeling none of this animal footage is his because if he was able to get all this other footage then he should have no problem getting his own coues stuff. 

Like I said I'm not too worried about it more curious on how common this type of thing is. I think I remember hearing about an outfitter using other hunters kill photos in their advertising without permission but that's about it. 

Worse than that, I found images of myself printed on Western themed Christmas Cards being sold back east and online.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Edge said:

Worse than that, I found images of myself posted on Western themed Christmas Cards being sold back east and online.

I think I got one of those cards for my wife for Christmas. She said your purdy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Seriously though I don't know the guy. He could be the nicest guy around and I definatly don't want any unwarranted negatively going his way over something like this. Yes I put a lot of time and effort in my videos but that's it. I don't make any money from them and he probably didn't gain anything for having my footage in his videos. So nothing really to get worked up about. Here's a link to one of his videos.

Be flattered, if you're not making money off your films, I see nothing to get mad about.  Send him a quick message asking him to give you film credit if that's what you desire.  

It seems the guy is using it to advertise his own “game finding” business. They do have a paid subscription on their website, but I will never know if they have used your footage OP or anyone else’s for that matter. 

https://www.azgamefinders.com/

I'd move on, you posted originally for people to see. And he's a fraud and knows it. I'd be honored I had vidio to steal. Lol