Sign in to follow this  
OpticNerd

Something like this ever happen to you?

1 hour ago, HuntHarder said:

Be flattered, if you're not making money off your films, I see nothing to get mad about.  Send him a quick message asking him to give you film credit if that's what you desire.  

True.

57 minutes ago, Allforelk said:

It seems the guy is using it to advertise his own “game finding” business. They do have a paid subscription on their website, but I will never know if they have used your footage OP or anyone else’s for that matter. 

https://www.azgamefinders.com/

Sweet maybe a can get a free subscription.👍

18 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

I'd move on, you posted originally for people to see. And he's a fraud and knows it. I'd be honored I had vidio to steal. Lol

Now that I know he's in the "game finding" biz I feel like he owes me some game finding or something. Maybe we can work out a deal where he can use my footage and in return he has to give me game finding lessons. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He wants $73 to watch a 4:15 minute video of 6A trail cam pictures. 

I wonder how his business model will hold up against the trail cam ban? 

• Like 1

I've seen your videos and like them. I frankly would be upset if he's using my videos for his advertising.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, OpticNerd said:

True.

Sweet maybe a can get a free subscription.👍

Now that I know he's in the "game finding" biz I feel like he owes me some game finding or something. Maybe we can work out a deal where he can use my footage and in return he has to give me game finding lessons. 

He's got like 300 views. Half of them probably came from you posting the link. Troll him in the comments for entertainment and it will let him know that you know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntHarder said:

Be flattered, if you're not making money off your films, I see nothing to get mad about.  Send him a quick message asking him to give you film credit if that's what you desire.  

Nah. People using your stuff to make money or grow their social media following, not ok at all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah I had a elk vid get like 700k views that was taken off my youtube and posted on IG and gave me no credit. Just the reposters getting tagged in it and getting credit. But now I just don’t post anymore 

• Like 1

From watching the video you posted this guy isn’t real bright. Elk monitoring traffic on a tank from 500 yards? I wouldn’t be flattered. Guy is just an idiot fraud. I’d give him heck or you can educate him on what real scouting looks like. His own video is juvenile so of course he steals….

This guy is a member FYI. 

I mocked him a while for trying to pump out his guild service. Can’t remember his name 

This reminds me of the time at band camp.

• Haha 1

He gave away my secret hunting spot, cedar tank. He even showed everyone where the beds were.  Now it’s going to be crowded, I need a new area. 🤣

I would reach out to him and see if he would give you credit. 

• Haha 1

Just wondering, any idea where he snatched your vids from? Did you post them here, FB, or your own YT channel? 

People with paid channels need to understand public domain vs copyrighted images.  

Guess I'm just too laid back to get all worked up over this. Maybe if I actually thought my footage would help his business then I would think differently about it but him using a couple 5 second clips of mine in a few of his videos isn't going to help him enough or hurt me enough to worry about it.

The principle of it bugs me the most but we all make mistakes lord knows I have made my fair share of some pretty dumb decisions in the past. For now all I'm going to do is let him know what I think and wait and see how he responds and go from there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OpticNerd said:

Guess I'm just too laid back to get all worked up over this. Maybe if I actually thought my footage would help his business then I would think differently about it but him using a couple 5 second clips of mine in a few of his videos isn't going to help him enough or hurt me enough to worry about it.

The principle of it bugs me the most but we all make mistakes lord knows I have made my fair share of some pretty dumb decisions in the past. For now all I'm going to do is let him know what I think and wait and see how he responds and go from there.

Exactly how I'd handle it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HorseHunter said:

Just wondering, any idea where he snatched your vids from? Did you post them here, FB, or your own YT channel? 

People with paid channels need to understand public domain vs copyrighted images.  

I'm pretty sure he got it from my YouTube channel but I don't know for sure.