down2hunt

2021 Rut Activity

Hey guys/gals, it's that time of year again and I just wanted to start a post on the rut activity around the state. Good luck to all the tag hold! Lets see them pics!

Thanks in advance,

JD

• Like 1

Desert bulls around Prescott been going good. Especially after that last storm last week. Headed up near Flagstaff tomorrow for my dad's elk hunt. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HUNTnTAT2 said:

Desert bulls around Prescott been going good. Especially after that last storm last week. Headed up near Flagstaff tomorrow for my dad's elk hunt. 

I will be headed to Flagstaff next week for a cow archery hunt. 

• Like 1

They have been screaming pretty good on the rim for the last 2 weekends.  Usually going pretty good until about 7:45 in the am and going for about an hour right before dark.  Hoping this heat wave about to hit Payson, does not shut them down this weekend.  

• Like 1

I hate to be the pessimist but I’ve never seen a heat wave of this level on the opener, with its hundreds of people running the woods blowing calls, and the rut be good or bugling stay strong after opening morning. Kingman is supposed to be over 100 degrees for 3 of the first five days of the hunt so I think western units are going to be very slow initially. Was quiet last weekend.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sneaker said:

I hate to be the pessimist but I’ve never seen a heat wave of this level on the opener, with its hundreds of people running the woods blowing calls, and the rut be good or bugling stay strong after opening morning. Kingman is supposed to be over 100 degrees for 3 of the first five days of the hunt so I think western units are going to be very slow initially. Was quiet last weekend.

I'll second this, the heat will slow things down in daylight hours.  It's been wet and cool in 3C and heard some talking last weekend, but feels like June again and quiet.

• Like 3