down2hunt

2021 Rut Activity

Glad to hear 10 is on fire. Going up there the 29th and looking forward to it. I'll report back when I'm there

• Like 1

4 hours ago, varnco said:

Quiet in 7E, so far.

Been around Flagstaff 7W, 7E and 11 for a few days and have not heard a bugle. Watched some groups of elk and didn't see any rut activity. 

2 hours ago, elkocd said:

Been around Flagstaff 7W, 7E and 11 for a few days and have not heard a bugle. Watched some groups of elk and didn't see any rut activity. 

Went over to the flats tonight north of 514 and didn't hear anything either. Must be later this year. There's always something, lol.

Twenty two N was on fire opening weekend.  Lots of bugling and very responsive to calls.  If that unit could get a break from the 875 rifle bull tags, I think it might produce more trophy bulls.  Finding a good bull in there was challenging.  Lots of scouting turned up tons of bulls but few that broke 320- 330". 

10 hours ago, varnco said:

Went over to the flats tonight north of 514 and didn't hear anything either. Must be later this year. There's always something, lol.

Woke up today to a 300ish bull screaming outside my trailer and tearing up a tree. He was all alone and roaming, obviously calling for and looking for cows. 

i made it up the previous monday and on this last sunday. is it the best rut ever? probably not. is it as good as any rut iver seen, absolutely. couldnt get on them herd bulls close enough to film them, kept bumping into rags and cows over and over. i left them still bugling at 9am sunday 

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

What does this mean 

I called one in this morning, but had to sneak away from him to get to work. Most of my experiences have been in reverse, but this dude came in on a string and wasn't going away.

• Like 1