LKiny

Unit 10 Youth Deer

Hello, anyone out there familiar with Unit 10 deer? coues or mule deer? just trying to gauge what the quality of deer in that unit is? I would think that it being so close to other trophy mule deer areas that there would be good genetics floating around the region but that could be wishful thinking on my part. thx in advance.

LKiny

5 hours ago, LKiny said:

Hello, anyone out there familiar with Unit 10 deer? coues or mule deer? just trying to gauge what the quality of deer in that unit is? I would think that it being so close to other trophy mule deer areas that there would be good genetics floating around the region but that could be wishful thinking on my part. thx in advance.

LKiny

You'll have a fun hunt. Mule deer are there though. I heard there is a SMALL population of couse deer but you're gonna see Mulies if anything. I was there a ton last year and saw deer everywhere near the elephant rocks golf course including a few bucks. South end of Perrin ranch is very nice too. Found some sheds and they were 4 PT. Not sure about the Gene's there or what units have the good genetics but if you see any 4 PT your son or daughter should pull the trigger! I would even do it on something smaller too. 

Lots of traffic in those areas. Lots of road hunters! I mean a lot! If you wanna get away from the crowd look into the Boquillas ranch. It opens up the entire west side of the unit and because there is a trespass fee it has less pressure. Not sure what the deer are like there but if you wanna get away from people go there