10Turkeys

Spring Draw

Hey, if you guys can justify using a rifle on the “handgun” hunt in your mind, I say go for it. I’m using a spotlight this year, lights them up same as daylight 

• Like 1

Killed pigs with, .222 Remington in T/C pistol, Kimber .45, 30-06 rifle, Mosin Nagant 7.62x54R (with hunting ammo) .243 rifle.  Compound Bow and Crossbow.  

All dead fast.  Compound bow the least effective of all mentioned despite 15 yard shot through vitals.  Crossbow reaction was more like a firearm.  Dropped pretty much in it's tracks 

Probably could have taken one with a spear or knife if legal.  

I have never been an AR guy but built one recently.  I am going to build another.  A pistol in 300 Blackout.  Plan to use for Javelina.  Possibly subsonic and suppressed. Mixed opinions online but with the right bullet (expand at lower velocity) it should perform well.  After all we are talking about a small critter at very close range.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Hey, if you guys can justify using a rifle on the “handgun” hunt in your mind, I say go for it. I’m using a spotlight this year, lights them up same as daylight 

Ah there it is the my way of hunting is superior crowd has shown up

26 minutes ago, savagman said:

Ah there it is the my way of hunting is superior crowd has shown up

Some things I can’t wrap my mind around. Like how a shouldered rifle is a handgun. Call me crazy 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Some things I can’t wrap my mind around. Like how a shouldered rifle is a handgun. Call me crazy 

You’re not.

2 hours ago, idgaf said:

Forgive my ignorance, but can you guys tell me how these are classified as handguns? I'm just curious. 

Firearms Verification

Gun Control Act Definitions
Pistol

18 U.S.C., § 921(A)(29) and 27 CFR § 478.11

The term “Pistol” means a weapon originally designed, made, and intended to fire a projectile (bullet) from one or more barrels when held in one hand, and having:

• a chamber(s) as an integral part(s) of, or permanently aligned with, the bore(s);

• and a short stock designed to be gripped by one hand at an angle to and extending below the line of the bore(s).

I’m all for anyone hunting within there capacity.  Luckily they aren’t on my radar when it comes to hunting. When I see them in the wild I enjoy their presence. And it has worked well for me.