10Turkeys

Spring Draw

4 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

More like fat Karen without a jelly donut.SO LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT I CAN'T HUNT PIGS WITH THE RPG I GOT AT TRADER JOE'S .

During archery season? obviously you can. 

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2021 at 2:41 AM, Crazymonkey said:

If its legal to use its a matter of ethics and hunting preference .IF we as hunters can't stop with the b.s on what's legal and what's marginal it will only give the tree huggers more to drive a wedge into things ultimately putting an end to most hunting for ourselves and others.DO I see a problem with the ar pistol maybe if its shouldered .have I hunted with my ar 15 absolutely mine is a rifle and used during rifle only seasons.look we can all find something we don't like about how others hunt or what methods they use we may not like it but it's there choice and its legal.I will say if you do shoulder your at pistol it just gives those who don't wish to see them used more reason to complain about them .

That was exactly my point.  If it's legal you do you and let others do it their way.  Don't help the Anti crowd.  

Also does the federal definition of a pistol make it legal for state hunts or does AZ have specific criteria?  

17 minutes ago, savagman said:

That was exactly my point.  If it's legal you do you and let others do it their way.  Don't help the Anti crowd.  

Also does the federal definition of a pistol make it legal for state hunts or does AZ have specific criteria?  

Can we just get over the it’s legal so it’s above reproach mantra? It’s technically legal to wound a dozen animals and continue hunting but I don’t think anyone is going to argue that’s acceptable.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, missedagain said:

I agree, I can’t believe so many people care about this.  Don’t forget this is a ham tag where a guy could use a muzzleloader with scope capable of killing at 500+ yards and we are going to argue over a pistol brace?  It’s not like Javelina are a scarce resource.  It must not be hunting season

Anybody have a 500 yard muzzleloader? I've got a paramount pro with good Nightforce glass and don't think you understand the gun or the amount of skill it would take to shoot one 500 yds .its like throwing a chunk of lead thru the air and hoping to hit anything .the wind and and change in powder or any other variables will make it extremely difficult.there are a very small group of very skilled people who could do this most don't have the skill or equipment to do so .

1 hour ago, Flatlander said:

Can we just get over the it’s legal so it’s above reproach mantra? It’s technically legal to wound a dozen animals and continue hunting but I don’t think anyone is going to argue that’s acceptable.

I think you give people way too much credit. 

7 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

Anybody have a 500 yard muzzleloader? I've got a paramount pro with good Nightforce glass and don't think you understand the gun or the amount of skill it would take to shoot one 500 yds .its like throwing a chunk of lead thru the air and hoping to hit anything .the wind and and change in powder or any other variables will make it extremely difficult.there are a very small group of very skilled people who could do this most don't have the skill or equipment to do so .

If you can shoot smokeless powder and use modern projectiles, there isn't much difference between this and any other rifle other than reload time.

• Like 2

and thats why I recommend  AZ adopts the restrictions on muzzle loaders that Co has in place.  Ridiculous.

• Like 2

Funny its shooting bh209 not smokeless powder and smokeless powder is not legal in a muzzleloader in this state it clearly states black powder or a substitute for black powder.The gun cost like 5 or 6 grand and was shot by a pro shooter way different than the average guy and his gun .if you wish look it up most are shooting 45 cal powerbelt and even tho it could shoot farther they don't recommend it as the energy on target is way to low for proper bullet expansion they only shoot targets that far

3 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

Funny its shooting bh209 not smokeless powder and smokeless powder is not legal in a muzzleloader in this state it clearly states black powder or a substitute for black powder.The gun cost like 5 or 6 grand and was shot by a pro shooter way different than the average guy and his gun .if you wish look it up most are shooting 45 cal powerbelt and even tho it could shoot farther they don't recommend it as the energy on target is way to low for proper bullet expansion they only shoot targets that far

I don't think 5 or 6k is all that unusual for rifles today. Have you seen the Axisworks muzzleloaders? Same thing. He always has 3-5 in the shop in various stages of build. This is quickly becoming the norm. 

If they run smokeless during a muzzleloader hunt its illegal and they should by all means be charged with illegal take and methods.blackhorn 209 is a common sub for true black powder and is not smokeless.again your looking at a pro shooter not your everyday hunter -shooter. I'd be more than happy to let you have a go at making a 5-to 7 hundred yard shot in the kill zone of a animal size target.there is a picture of my muzzleloader at the start of the post .

0731211928.jpg

13 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

Expansion? I've been shooting Powerbelts awhile at the range due to their ease of loading. But all the actual reviews I've read are they fragment too easily on big game. Maybe that was due to closer shots and more energy? 

I.did dig a couple SSTs out of a bull shot at 220yds, perfect expansion and after weighing them, found they retained 99% of their weight.

On 9/11/2021 at 8:44 AM, JSR said:

I'll be applying for HAM hunts.

For no other reason than ticking off Brad and Karen

13320-01-lg_0.jpg

its seems as though my work is done here.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Edge said:

Expansion? I've been shooting Powerbelts awhile at the range due to their ease of loading. But all the actual reviews I've read are they fragment too easily on big game. Maybe that was due to closer shots and more energy? 

I.did dig a couple SSTs out of a bull shot at 220yds, perfect expansion and after weighing them, found they retained 99% of their weight.

I've only shot a bull at about 80 yards with a cva wolf and a 338 powerbelt and 150 gr pyrodex one shot dead elk not even a step . the Powerbelt seems to mushroom or just come apart my buddy shot a 50 elr Powerbelt outa his optima and it pealed the copper jacket on entry .I'm looking for a no sabot round to run in my paramount pro 45 cal

• Like 1