10Turkeys

Spring Draw

43 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

I have this weird hunch that this dude is just trolling you guys.

You are probably right (hopefully).  Maimograms are not cool.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

That how I feel about governor tags and auction tags. Really a village of people to get an animal. Thx G&F for selling to the higher at bidder.

The wife and I went to the elk banquet a few years back my hunting buddy is a member and the guy at the table bought the tag .money does buy just about everything it sucked to find out it was rigged and they already had agreed to a price

54 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

The wife and I went to the elk banquet a few years back my hunting buddy is a member and the guy at the table bought the tag .money does buy just about everything it sucked to find out it was rigged and they already had agreed to a price

It’s cool they can generate all that money. The uncool part is the 37 people involved to kill a trophy. It would be funny if every book animal had to list the parties involved to taking said trophy.

Hunter- $teve $immon$

Hunters party of 37-

Liam  
Noah  
Elijah  
Oliver  
Lucas  
Mason  
Ethan  
Mateo  
James  
Logan  
Benjamin  
Aiden  
Sebastian  
Leo  
Jackson  

Levi  
Daniel  
Alexander  
Henry  
Grayson  
Jack  
Carter  
Asher  
Wyatt  
Michael  
William  
Owen  
Gabriel  
Jayden  
Muhammad  
Ezra  
Julian  
Jacob  
Luke  
Lincoln  
Josiah  
Jaxon  
David  
Samuel  
Isaiah    

They do generate a ton of money that's for sure.I agree its always good funnies to see the pics with all the different guides logos .I wish they would just do a random draw and give the tags to the az rez hunters that the animals belong to.they raise a ton of money on everything else.no raffles just a random draw 😁

2 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

If I ever hit the powerball I will mess up their plan.

• Wow! 1

59 minutes ago, wish2hunt said:

If I ever hit the powerball I will mess up their plan.

I'd have to be one of the 40 people out there to see it happening .its not all about the kill sometimes it's about getting away from it all and just enjoying the people and the great things you see in the woods

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

I'd have to be one of the 40 people out there to see it happening .its not all about the kill sometimes it's about getting away from it all and just enjoying the people and the great things you see in the woods

You are invited.

8 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

Getting away from it all 

hunting with 40 people 

pick one 

I was meaning work and the wife's to do list.I might be a little delirious I've been on 76 plus hour work week for about 6 months and just came in from being under my jeep to replace the oil pump.it sucks that all my hunting toys are so Damm expensive

16 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

I was meaning work and the wife's to do list.I might be a little delirious I've been on 76 plus hour work week for about 6 months and just came in from being under my jeep to replace the oil pump.it sucks that all my hunting toys are so Damm expensive

Way too many hours for that many months. I hope you're young.

11 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Way too many hours for that many months. I hope you're young.

Only 48 and been doing it off and on more on for the last 6 years .I'm a machinist and they pay me stupid rediculus money in overtime and double time.its good for at least 50k extra a year .it started when the wife took off before her dad passed so she could care for him .hopefully she will go back to work soon I'd like a break 12 hrs 5 days a week and 9 on Sat and Sun plus all the house and car chores.

• Like 1

Seems many missed the point.  This thread has now become bash or defend archers.  

The point was that all methods evolve and technology has changed.  Don't bash fellow hunters because your personal experiences have led you to different styles or methods. 

I don't use much tech in the field but do use OnX, Google Earth, GPS etc.  Most of us do. 

I like shooting a bow but have, in the past, committed to practice at a level to be good at it.  And yet good shot placement from under 20 yards on Javelina did not always work out as planned.  Each and every shot that didn't work out, would have with a firearm.  Call that bad luck, bash my skill or equipment, or whatever, but you cannot call me ignorant.  My comment on wounding % is based on my personal experience and many peer reviewed studies.  Wounding is unfortunately always a possibility.  But place a bow and a firearm in the hands of minimally proficient hunters and the firearm results will be vastly superior.  

Before anyone gets defensive.  It takes commitment to practice and great skill to shoot a bow well.  I respect those of you that bow hunt ethically and responsibly.  But the sport has grown immensely and many do not have the skill level that you do.  Everyone starts somewhere and I do not hope to discourage new hunters. 

I simply have used my personal experience to decide that I do not feel ethical using a bow when a more efficient tool is available.  I like the earlier hunts so will probably use a more advanced weapon for the HAM hunts.  Please do not bash my decision and legal right to use handgun or fight about what should be considered a handgun.  Rather support my right as I will support and defend every right we have as hunters, whether I personally participate or not.  

• Thanks 1