Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Surprised this hasn't been brought up

Watching the news waiting on the old lady to get home from her nursing job. Was early a.m. in WA.

As soon as I saw how clear the NYC skies were I knew it was terrorism.

Lived in California and was at work.the wife was in new Orleans visiting a friend and was on her way to the airport to head home.no flights no trains buses or rental cars lead to a 4 day road trip to pick her up and make it home.the whole time not knowing she was pregnant with our daughter.stopped in San Antonio on the first day out after 14 hrs driving let me tell you if you think we've got bugs go there there Fu cking huge!!!

1 hour ago, oz31p said:

Ft. Benning Ga M16 qualification range . 

I try to imagine what was going through the minds of our soldiers around the world and on our soil on that day and days to come! Thanks oz for being where you were that day!! I was at Home Depot buying materials. Got back out to the truck and called a cabinet maker who was building cabinets for our kitchen ( who happened to be a Vietnam Vet) he started screaming the F’ing Pentagon was just bombed! He had no idea of what was going on really so I kicked on the radio and listened. I ended up down the street at a circuit city watching the news with a bunch of others

• Like 1

I was driving a semi for a local dairy outfit, was pulling off the freeway in Cottage Grove Oregon by the truck stop and I saw several middle eastern drivers celebrating in the parking lot. I had no idea what was going on and continued on to the small convenience store to make my delivery. When I got there the store owner was standing at the front of the store watching TV and crying. I asked her what was going on and we both were standing there when the second plane hit. I am now a senior career firefighter/paramedic for one of the largest deparments in Oregon.

• Like 1

BTW I thank you all for not forgetting! My crew and I observed a minute of silence gathered around the flag yesterday morning once for each tower. Afterward we were chatting about the riots in Portland and how the cops there and elsewhere are being treated and we all agreed that people had forgot so I thank you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Sky Island junkie said:

I try to imagine what was going through the minds of our soldiers around the world and on our soil on that day and days to come! Thanks oz for being where you were that day!! I was at Home Depot buying materials. Got back out to the truck and called a cabinet maker who was building cabinets for our kitchen ( who happened to be a Vietnam Vet) he started screaming the F’ing Pentagon was just bombed! He had no idea of what was going on really so I kicked on the radio and listened. I ended up down the street at a circuit city watching the news with a bunch of others

I was on the range when we had an agent killed by a drunk driver. The rage was through the roof. I can only imagine how the military men felt 

5 hours ago, Sky Island junkie said:

It was pretty crazy. 

training was suspended for a few weeks while we did guard Duty around the base

it got even crazier once we got our shoot together and took the fight to them !!

Was at work when my customer guy came & told me about it, we both sat in the model home & watched it on tv. The silence in the skies was an eerie feeling!!

My bro in law and I had been archery deer  hunting in the boondocks with no phone reception and hadn’t  turned  a radio on for nearly 4 days. We  were headed home and had noticed the lack of traffic. I got a cell signal and a voicemail from my daughter telling me what happened. It was a strange feeling to know we had been attacked and I had no clue as to what was going on. 

2 hours ago, oz31p said:

It was pretty crazy. 

training was suspended for a few weeks while we did guard Duty around the base

it got even crazier once we got our shoot together and took the fight to them !!

Tim, were you in boot camp or belonged to a tenant outfit?

It was decades earlier but I was in boot camp when the Iran hostage deal went down. We had a complete news and civilian communication blackout.