Sign in to follow this  
Brix8984

Scammer Alert Jayyou

Glad you got your money back!

• Like 2

I too am pleased you got your money back.

Did you "kindly" ask him to ship the SLCs? 

The sticky note with the user name and date was a nice touch. 

This incident got me thinking on how to safely make a distance purchase with all the techno-wizardry these days.  

I would have asked him/her/it to hold up a front page newspaper in front of them in a selfie (like an old school hostage photo) then asked them to mail me their drivers license and library card as collateral. Then asked to facetime them in their home walking out front to see their mail box # and walk to nearest street intersection, at the same time reporting a suspicious character roaming the streets at his vector see if LE rolls up while you are facetiming. 

I am pretty trusting though.  

Any other best practices here?

• Haha 2

I just tell them I’ll only pay with PayPal goods and services and I will pay the fees. If they have a problem with that, I won’t buy it. I also don’t buy anything expensive out of state unless off of eBay or something that has its own protections. Just not worth the risk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HorseHunter said:

I too am pleased you got your money back.

Did you "kindly" ask him to ship the SLCs? 

The sticky note with the user name and date was a nice touch. 

This incident got me thinking on how to safely make a distance purchase with all the techno-wizardry these days.  

I would have asked him/her/it to hold up a front page newspaper in front of them in a selfie (like an old school hostage photo) then asked them to mail me their drivers license and library card as collateral. Then asked to facetime them in their home walking out front to see their mail box # and walk to nearest street intersection, at the same time reporting a suspicious character roaming the streets at his vector see if LE rolls up while you are facetiming. 

I am pretty trusting though.  

Any other best practices here?

The only long distance purchases/sells I’ve made are with members of the site that I can see have been members for at least a few years and have actively posted that whole time. I also check the good sellers and good buyers thread. I’ve done this multiple times and I’m yet to have an issue. 

Knock on wood 🪵 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Brix8984 said:

Don’t hammer me to hard but Jayyou is a scammer. Never got the slc’s I paid him for but was able to get my money back through PayPal. 

You got your money back which is good but I can guarantee the thief got to keep the money and no charges will be filed  

• Like 2