Yuma Outdoorsman

Arizona Desert

He found that dead head about 4 miles in to our 9 mile walk. I am shocked he was able to carry that head for that long. I have never personally held a sheep's head before and I was shocked at how heavy it was. Luckily, one of the horns is detachable from being weathered so at about mile 6, I offered to carry that horn for the final 3 miles back to the truck. He said he was good to carry the rest of the head.  I am glad I have been hitting the treadmill hard the last month. I've lost 15lbs in that time frame and it really made the walk a lot easier and more enjoyable. I am busy the next 3 weekends but should be able to make it out the last weekend of October to do some more scouting. Hopefully the rest of you guys are able to get out and find some shooters. 

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

I did 10 miles today, not a single shed was found. Placed one cam. 

saw this guy 

6756C839-0E0D-48C4-B22E-6BBEDB06D76F.jpeg

That’s an awesome find. Bummer you didn’t find any sheds. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Couple still in velvet last week 

69E00FBF-BAF3-4986-8213-4DE4A03B26F3.jpeg

E43996AF-2B62-4F63-A9FB-79EB129B9033.jpeg

Nice bucks! They should be stripping soon. I’ve got photos from last year that had hard horned bucks on Oct 12....I haven’t checked my camera in 3 weeks. It’s killing me. 

Well I went and checked a camera and sadly, two of our bigger bucks haven’t watered at this drinker since I changed the batteries last. I did get a new buck on camera though that got my attention.

Not the best photos because I just snapped a shot of my computer screen but you get the idea. Solid 4x4 with a small point on one side that isn’t big enough to count as a kicker. 

DBD7ED23-3AB6-48B1-BBC5-D202A6A4D4BC.jpeg

C627F06C-7202-4DC7-91E0-91214EB9B075.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Great Buck! 1

Nice tall buck there.  Can't tell age, but it would be nice if he lived another year or two. Maybe that little kicker will turn into something.  

8 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Nice tall buck there.  Can't tell age, but it would be nice if he lived another year or two. Maybe that little kicker will turn into something.  

I’m not a good enough hunter to target a certain buck so he will most likely live another couple years 😂😂😂 But they are fun to look at on camera. 

• Like 1

You pass on that deer to see what he turns into next year, you’re an idiot 

that being said I’m prepared to be an idiot to get one of the bucks I want 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1