Yuma Outdoorsman

Arizona Desert

24 minutes ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

Now that the snowbirds are back moving in my area, they have the deer moving. Some of the roads where my tracks were the only ones since August are beat to crap. The washes have ran so much this monsoon that the wash bottom in some washes is hard and even when my fat behind is walking down them, I barely make any tracks. I have friends hunting in D12 in southern California and they said their deer are in the flats and not towards the hills like years past. The hard part about flats where I'm at is if the deer are in them, they could be 4-5 miles from the closest hill. That makes it hard to find them, especially with how thick and green the desert it. I am sure you are having similar issues. Stick with it though, you will turn them up eventually. 

Yep, all that. 

21 minutes ago, idgaf said:

Deer move. When was the last time you got a pic?

Yeah probably did move, for now. It’s a also a desert muley in desert muley country not a coues living on the sunny side of a hill shining like a diamond in a goats butt. It’s impossible to glass to where I’ve had him on cam. I’ll probably have to try elsewhere during the hunt. 

15 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Yeah probably did move, for now. It’s a also a desert muley in desert muley country not a coues living on the sunny side of a hill shining like a diamond in a goats butt. It’s impossible to glass to where I’ve had him on cam. I’ll probably have to try elsewhere during the hunt. 

That's by far my favorite.  I have followed deer four miles in the flats. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, idgaf said:

That's by far my favorite.  I have followed deer four miles in the flats. 

So did I a few years ago and that’s how I ended up in this spot. 

i mean yeah I’d like to get a hit list buck but I also put in for this hunt cuz I didn’t want to have to only glass. I hate glassing. 

last year I had a big one hitting water during the day on the first hunt but this year that spot is dry 

probably just end up going hunting in a random better looking spot 

2 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Desert Muley can be tough at times . Have you been committed to only one place during the entirety of your scouting?

8 minutes ago, Jfos said:

Desert Muley can be tough at times . Have you been committed to only one place during the entirety of your scouting?

No 3 spots. Gonna hit 2 new ones Sunday to see what it looks like. But I will probably end up hunting one spot. Cuz if I’m not on the cover of muley crazy the entire season is a failure 

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

No 3 spots. Gonna hit 2 new ones Sunday to see what it looks like. But I will probably end up hunting one spot. Cuz if I’m not on the cover of muley crazy the entire season is a failure 

Nice. Well, hope it all works out!!

6 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

So did I a few years ago and that’s how I ended up in this spot. 

i mean yeah I’d like to get a hit list buck but I also put in for this hunt cuz I didn’t want to have to only glass. I hate glassing. 

last year I had a big one hitting water during the day on the first hunt but this year that spot is dry 

probably just end up going hunting in a random better looking spot 

Eventually it just clicks. You will figure it out. 

On 10/21/2021 at 9:10 PM, Roosevelt Mark said:

What's gasoline? 

9 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

What's gasoline? 

Are you ok bro? You’ve asked me what gasoline is three times  in this thread 

10 hours ago, idgaf said:

Eventually it just clicks. You will figure it out. 

Idk man, I don’t think hunting 200s in the desert ever just clicks. I’m just hoping to get a little lucky