Yuma Outdoorsman

Arizona Desert

I can't ever get a photo of this buck head on, he's always got his head sideways. It's by far the widest and tallest. I'm guessing it is pushing 25-26" wide. This photo was from September 3 so he's grown quite a bit since then. I don't have hardly any photos of him in focus. Everything is blurred or I've got half a rack with nothing to judge against. I know that he will look great in my scope though. 

sideangle.JPG

cool4x5.jpg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

I can't ever get a photo of this buck head on, he's always got his head sideways. It's by far the widest and tallest. I'm guessing it is pushing 25-26" wide. This photo was from September 3 so he's grown quite a bit since then. I don't have hardly any photos of him in focus. Everything is blurred or I've got half a rack with nothing to judge against. I know that he will look great in my scope though. 

sideangle.JPG

cool4x5.jpg

Looks like a great buck. Hopefully he doesn’t move exclusively at night lol. Good luck. When does your hunt start?

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

Idk man, I don’t think hunting 200s in the desert ever just clicks. I’m just hoping to get a little lucky 

200's are a rare animal. I have killed a ton of desert muleys and only one over 200. 10-15 years ago I used to see at least one buck a year that would crack the 200 mark. It has been at least 5 years since I have seen one. Best of luck. Killing a giant desert mule deer with bow or rifle is a tough one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jfos said:

Looks like a great buck. Hopefully he doesn’t move exclusively at night lol. Good luck. When does your hunt start?

Starts in 2 weeks. With my luck, this buck won’t move in day light at all 😂😂..

2 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

They live in caves during the day and just come out to breed 

Sure feels that way sometimes!

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2021 at 3:47 PM, trphyhntr said:

Yeah probably did move, for now. It’s a also a desert muley in desert muley country not a coues living on the sunny side of a hill shining like a diamond in a goats butt. It’s impossible to glass to where I’ve had him on cam. I’ll probably have to try elsewhere during the hunt. 

Get one of those Texas rigs in the back of your Truck, put you up 12 feet high,LOL.................BOB!

• Love 1

These bright nights will keep getting darker as your hunt approaches so should be more active by Friday. I’ve been watching a group of bucks for a guy who has that hunt and they were somewhat predictable until this moon then yep they crawled into their underground air conditioned condos!

On 10/23/2021 at 6:55 AM, trphyhntr said:

Idk man, I don’t think hunting 200s in the desert ever just clicks. I’m just hoping to get a little lucky 

You can do it. As long as you shoot straight.  I hunted this buck for four years in 36c got with 100 half a dozen times. Even had him at 80 with a rifle.   Missed a few had some really bad luck on a few.  But it can be done.  

70325480_20211024_1955182.thumb.jpg.8798ccf0a64ec3f191daeb56314cec50.jpg

• Great Buck! 1

1 hour ago, idgaf said:

You can do it. As long as you shoot straight.  I hunted this buck for four years in 36c got with 100 half a dozen times. Even had him at 80 with a rifle.   Missed a few had some really bad luck on a few.  But it can be done.  

70325480_20211024_1955182.thumb.jpg.8798ccf0a64ec3f191daeb56314cec50.jpg

Yeah, the one I’m hunting was 180” in 2019 and he’s bigger now 

image.jpg

i shot at a rock today probably 2’x2’today at 604 in heavy wind and I drilled it middle so I’m pretty confident the gun is on 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

image.jpg

i shot at a rock today probably 2’x2’today at 604 in heavy wind and I drilled it middle so I’m pretty confident the gun is on 

That drop antler is huge. I hope you find that buck. Good luck. Sounds like if you find him, you have a great chance to get a shot if you are accurate out to 600 yards. Good luck, Can't wait to see how your hunt goes. 

39 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

image.jpg

Any luck on spotting your target buck ?