JMoffat

7W Late Rifle Bull

Hey guys!

I was fortunate enough to draw a late rifle bull tag this year in 7W. This will be my first ever bull hunt, woohoo!

I have taken several cow elk out of 7W over the last 4 or 5 years and have never had an issue locating cows or small raghorn bulls. I am fairly familiar with the unit.

I also know how weather tends to be the first few days of this Bull hunt if history repeats itself haha

I do plan to start scouting first week of november and making a trip up at least once a week to try and figure out where the bigger bulls will be hanging out, I know to look in the nasty country and to glass glass and glass some more. Ive heard good things about kendrick that time of year. I do have 3 riding/pack mules so i do have that advantage.

I guess im just here looking for any advice that can be given, success stories from this unit in the past. Freezer is dang near empty and this was the only tag i was able to draw this year. Really hoping to bring home a decent bull to hang on the wall and to feed the family for a while, especially in these crazy times we are living in!

Any help or input is greatly appreciated

Thanks all and God Bless! 

Odds are any mature bull will be busted up to some extent. We hunted it last year, saw 7 bulls total, one decent 6x that was intact . Our hunter wasn’t able to close the deal on it, and shot a 5x? that one main beam was snapped off after the G2, but the body was huge. I’d decide on priorities before the hunt..... freezer meat or a possible wall hanger.   Hope for snow.

Yeah I don't have my hopes up for anything intact and not broken 🤣 I'd be happy with anything that will fill the freezer haha obviously the bigger the better though