Sign in to follow this  
Born2hunt

Desert Tortoise

Not sure where to post this, but found a desert tortoise while out scouting for my kids upcoming hunt in 22. I’ve never seen one still in the shell thought I’d share. 

55912185-373B-493E-8F8E-F79469C82E88.jpeg

F392AE4A-16D8-4723-A14F-72C1D8B06346.jpeg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Born2hunt said:

Not sure where to post this, but found a desert tortoise while out scouting for my kids upcoming hunt in 22. I’ve never seen one still in the shell thought I’d share. 

55912185-373B-493E-8F8E-F79469C82E88.jpeg

F392AE4A-16D8-4723-A14F-72C1D8B06346.jpeg

That’s pretty cool. Saw one in 20c. A fewa ago 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, border hunter said:

Cool shot with 4 peaks in the back!

Yep. I was hoping the moon would show up in the shot too but no luck. No deer either. I haven’t hunted the burned area in 22 yet but figured I’d find them in there. Fingers crossed I still have a few weeks! 

Cool, always a treat.

I called a tortoise and a fox in same time once predator hunting near Tonopah. No, really.

• Like 1

Way cool!  I used to hunt at a waterhole in 22 that was surrounded by tall reeds and it had at least a dozen turtles swimming in it.  I think they were box turtles though.  Hope you find the deer!

About 6 years ago the wife and I were in 37b javelina hunting and came across one sunning itself way up on the side of a rather steep hill. Seemed a little early, it was during the ham hunt. There was a burrow behind him under a yucca with another one inside. 

• Like 1

MMMMM..Tasty with garlic butter!....JK

The govt was nice enough to build special fences in CA to keep them off the roads......we see a few here and there out bird hunting.