Sign in to follow this  
Couesdeer

PHX area transmission shop?

I am putting this out here because I know many of you are in the PHX area.

I live in the Tucson area

Yesterday, on the way to scout for my daughter's jr. Elk hunt, the transmission in my truck crapped out on the beeline, almost to Rye.  AAA got me as far a Mesa last night. 

I am having trouble locating a trailer big enough to haul my pickup home.  (03 silverado 2500hd, crew cab, long bed)

I might be better off finding a good shop in the area (near bass pro) to have the transmission fixed rather than paying for a tow back here. 

Soooo...  any recommendations?   I am taking tomorrow off to get this taken care of.

Justin Norpel. Transmissions Done Right is about two miles from there. Call him at 480-232-7702. He can probably give you a tow to his shop right by Tempe Market Place if not Chris Rollins will tow you and his number is 480 221-3384.

Both of them will answer texts today.

I used trail transmission recently in AJ. Did a good job for us. 

• Like 1

I appreciate this!  I think its going to be easier to get the job done up there than try to tow the rig to Tucson.  Three good leads beats the heck out of going at it blind. 

7 hours ago, daryl_s said:

These guys have done a lot of work on my vehicles, including a transmission rebuild. I’ve always been happy with them. Definitely not open today though. 

http://www.randystransmissions.com/

Randy's has built alot of good transmissions for friends of mine. 

• Like 1

Again, thanks all.

I spoke with three different shops.  Ended up going with Transmissions Done Right because he has a rebuilt 4L80 ready to go and can get to me this week.  One shop wasn't going to be able to look at the truck until next week. 

I would like to have the truck ready for my daughter's elk hunt in early October.

240K miles... I have been expecting something like this!  As much as it hurts financially, it is cheaper than a down payment on a new rig!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Couesdeer said:

Again, thanks all.

I spoke with three different shops.  Ended up going with Transmissions Done Right because he has a rebuilt 4L80 ready to go and can get to me this week.  One shop wasn't going to be able to look at the truck until next week. 

I would like to have the truck ready for my daughter's elk hunt in early October.

240K miles... I have been expecting something like this!  As much as it hurts financially, it is cheaper than a down payment on a new rig!

Glad to hear it. Justin has a great rep.

Not yet....  The work is done.  Transfer case was shot as well.  

I have a ride to PHX lined up Wednesday morning. 

Just in time for my daughter's elk hunt!

• Like 1