BGbasbhat

20B Youth Pig Hunt Party?

Hey all, lurker around here for a while. 

Anybody have a youth tag for 20B pigs this fall? October 8th-14th? It will be my son's first hunt in AZ and want to make sure he has fun, whether filling his tag or messing around camp (hopefully both!!).

I should be able to scout a bit these next couple weekends, and be out for the hunt Saturday the 9th through Monday the 11th.

If anybody will be out there, give me a holler and maybe we can get together and make sure the youngin's have some fun!

• Like 1

Youngins  just have fun when Daddy entertains them and teaches them about the desert. Killin is just for your mojo. Good luck. They need to experience failure before they can appreciate success so teach them that first.

• Like 1

Sounds good Bubba! I think i'll probably be up on the north side around Black Canyon City I imagine. Unfortunately, I didn't get to scout last weekend, but we'll be up there Sat p.m. through Monday. I'll post where we end up, but probably around BCC. 

If we don't meet up, hope you have some fun!

We had issues Friday and today I lost all DC power to my trailer (fridge, water pump, interior lights). started the hunt today. Vehicle traffic (ohv) is crazy in this part of the unit. I’m over on the north side of the lake. It was pretty lackluster today. 

We made it out for a few hours today behind pleasant and luckily we picked them up quick.  We moved into 100 and my younger boy got it done.  He was calmer than I thought he would be, proud of him.  

• Like 5

10 hours ago, bigj23 said:

We made it out for a few hours today behind pleasant and luckily we picked them up quick.  We moved into 100 and my younger boy got it done.  He was calmer than I thought he would be, proud of him.  

Bigj that's awesome! Congrats! Up on the NE of the lake just looking at cacti. Meh. Congrats that's awesome!!!

53 minutes ago, BGbasbhat said:

Bigj that's awesome! Congrats! Up on the NE of the lake just looking at cacti. Meh. Congrats that's awesome!!!

Thank you!  We are lucky to have a couple steady spots with pigs.  They were out when we sat down at 4pm yesterday.   I am glad it was cooler to get them out feeding.  

22 minutes ago, bigj23 said:

Thank you!  We are lucky to have a couple steady spots with pigs.  They were out when we sat down at 4pm yesterday.   I am glad it was cooler to get them out feeding.  

Awesome bigj. Calling it a morning and getting the boys some lunch. No luck this morning. As always for me, good looking spots with nothing living there.