Flatlander

Petition - Stop Paying Influencers

UPDATE 9.24.21 Commission Meeting

We need to tell AZGFD and the Commission to stop paying social media to expedite the loss of opportunity for AZ residents!

Yesterday the department gave an update on the 2023 hunt guidelines. This much is clear, OTC archery deer hunting is likely to change or disappear in the near future unless something changes. Please make our voices heard by signing and sharing this petition.

Since 2016 AZGFD has been paying influencers between $5k - $60k per year to promote a wide range of hunting opportunities in Arizona. This program has been very effective at increasing license sales among Non-Residents and increasing demand for previously under-subscribed hunts. A portion of this effort has been focused on OTC archery deer hunting. Promoting these specific opportunities has contributed to a rapid loss of opportunity in OTC hunts.  Since this advertising campaign began Non-Resident license sales have increased dramatically while there has been a 25% decline in OTC opportunity.

I am encouraging all AZ residents to sign the petition below and request that AZGFD cease their promotion of all hunts without a non-resident cap. I fear that if these opportunities are lost for residents in our state that we will quickly lose the interest of the public and become subject to a disinterested and disengaged electorate who will no longer support wildlife at the ballot box. It is critical that we maintain every opportunity possible for residents of this state to ensure this privilege exists for future generations.

https://chng.it/62rjYqFMYp

• Like 9

Get ready for the email solicitations... I signed it and less than 3 hours later getting spammed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

Get ready for the email solicitations... I signed it and less than 3 hours later getting spammed

Rookie..... Don't you have a hotmail account that you use for anything with spam potential?  

I’ll sign it when we have a petition for point guard and a solution for people taking advantage of(and a paycheck for) "tag donation”. Paying influencers is BS but all you gotta do is cap non-rez otc tags and it all becomes irrelevant. 

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I’ll sign it when we have a petition for point guard and a solution for people taking advantage of(and a paycheck for) "tag donation”. Paying influencers is BS but all you gotta do is cap non-rez otc tags and it all becomes irrelevant. 

13) PointGuard Plus and Standard PointGuard Pricing. Presenter: Pat Barber, Community Engagement Administrator. The Department will present to the Commission new proposed pricing for the standard PointGuard and the pricing for the soon to be implemented PointGuard Plus membership packages

You're going to love this.

10 minutes ago, 654321 said:

13) PointGuard Plus and Standard PointGuard Pricing. Presenter: Pat Barber, Community Engagement Administrator. The Department will present to the Commission new proposed pricing for the standard PointGuard and the pricing for the soon to be implemented PointGuard Plus membership packages

You're going to love this.

The people that take advantage of point guard do not care what it costs. It could be $1000 and it wouldn’t matter. What is a “donated” sheep tag worth? The tag donations have also bogged down the max bp pool substantially… and WTF is point guard plus membership? Probably a way to make tag “donations” easier and more frequent. 

• Like 2