Flatlander

Petition - Stop Paying Influencers

2 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I would be all about it but the damage is already done and G&F is probably done paying them anyways because it no longer benefits them. It is no secret that we are losing all otc hunts because of it. G&F will still find other ways to spend our money in areas that do not benefit wildlife like what i’m imagining this point guard premium membership BS is. They know they’re going to lose a ton of revenue when OTC hunts are gone and this will be a way to make up for it. I do appreciate your involvement but there are much larger issues to tackle. 

Did you see my suggested adjustments to the rules and guidelines?

One way of reducing the impact of point guard is to change the group application rules so that a group doesn’t average points but instead receives the lowest number of points of any applicant in the party. This would reduce a lot of abuse and bonus point double dipping. This is a huge contributor to point creep.

• Like 1

There is an easy fix to the current abuse of the Point Guard system

If ONE person on the application turns back their tag, ALL people on the application have their tags withdrawn also.

Allowing one of the four turn back their tag for the points is where the abuse starts.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Has change.org ever changed anything 

Changed the way people piss and moan about their pet issues 

Almost 1,100 have signed it.  

47 minutes ago, JSR said:

There is an easy fix to the current abuse of the Point Guard system

If ONE person on the application turns back their tag, ALL people on the application have their tags withdrawn also.

Allowing one of the four turn back their tag for the points is where the abuse starts.

This and people “donating” their tag and using point guard. I would like to see how many tags in arizona are drawn on party apps with the help of point guard, or surrendered and point guarded. I bet the number is staggering. 

can anyone confirm if these influencers are given preferential draw privileges ahead of the normal citizen/applicant?  It sure would be a shame if they are given tags to help bolster the promotional campaigns. Wonder how many times it has occured and to whom, FOIA request to find out.

2 minutes ago, n2horns said:

can anyone confirm if these influencers are given preferential draw privileges ahead of the normal citizen/applicant?  It sure would be a shame if they are given tags to help bolster the promotional campaigns. Wonder how many times it has occured and to whom, FOIA request to find out.

You’ll never get that info from a FOIA request. Someone would have to audit the draw process and confirm if there were any irregularities, probably the auditor general. I don’t believe there has been a state audit of the Dept since 2014. At that time they didn’t audit the draw process but noted that the lack of transparency was one of the biggest risks for issues.

31 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

This and people “donating” their tag and using point guard. I would like to see how many tags in arizona are drawn on party apps with the help of point guard, or surrendered and point guarded. I bet the number is staggering. 

I like the idea of being able to donate tags to groups that offer vets and sick kids a tag....but it is also ripe for abuse if you let people do it more than once.

I like the idea of following newburger and hush around when they inevitably come back down to az for january otc in unit 36b.make it a party and let them know how we feel.if anyone wants to know where they stay (air bnb) just say so.makes a great place to wait til they leave in the morning to see where they hunt that day.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JSR said:

I like the idea of being able to donate tags to groups that offer vets and sick kids a tag....but it is also ripe for abuse if you let people do it more than once.

If it wasn’t abused and it was an honest system, it would be great. There is one thing that the recipients of the primo “donated” tags have in common $$$$

I understood this money comes from the States Tourist Budget and not G&F. Is this incorrect?

37 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

If it wasn’t abused and it was an honest system, it would be great. There is one thing that the recipients of the primo “donated” tags have in common $$$$

This hasn’t been my experience. Do you have examples you can share?

We are derailing the thread a little bit but I am interested to hear about this.

46 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

How do you make money by donating tags to charity?