Hancock7WSM

Eberlestock Backpacks

I have been thinking about updating my hunting backpack. I have a Badlands 2200 and a Badlands Diablo right now but am looking at something that i can carry my gun while walking. Im leaning towards the Eberlestock X1A1, its the size i like and will hold a gun. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with one and what they thought. Thanks. Jake

I don't know about that model but I have a J105.

I love it with the gun scabbard.

I feel real lucky to have it, since HUNTnCOUES picked it up for me

and COUESnSHEEP had it at his house for a few days.

They both wanted to steal it :angry:

I think you will be happy with your choice.

I will see if I can find the picture,

It is so nice a young lady can pack out a whole Bear :rolleyes:

I bought the j107 this year and really like it. I almost wish I would have gotten the JP9 which is the same pack as the j107 minus the scabbard. You can get a scabbard to add to it, then you have the ability to take it on and off as needed. Although the permanent scabbards can be tucked away when not needed. Good Luck!

I have the J107 as well and I LOVE that pack! Last year alone it packed out I think 5 or 6 deer out and I love it. I used to have the X1 and it is a good pack, I just needed more room. If you are tall (like me) or more round than most people (like me) the X1 might be a little small for you but it is a excdellant pack. I only use the scabbard for my rifle when I am packing out a deer. I usually stick my tripod in the scabbard and it fits perfectly, and makes for easy and quick removal!

I have the X1A1 and have had good luck with it. The bow scabbard doesn't work as well as advertised in my opinion, but I am usually carrying my bow while out so that hasn't been a problem.

Jay

I have that pack and love it. Last year I carried a gun and a half of a whitetail out with it and it was great.

I have the x1 and the j104 and love them both. I carry the j104 for all the rifle hunts and the x1 for archery hunts. The x1 is a great pack but as stated can be a touch small if you like to carry alot of stuff like myself. Overall everlestocks are super strong and durable and will last you a long time!

Thanks for all the replys! Now i just have to fork out some dough. Would the Badlands superday backpack be worth thinking about.? I know it will hold a gun but the pics i saw of it looked like it would fall out? thanks Jake

I have the J105 and while I like it, I have to admit that it gets used about 1/10 as much as my Cabela's hybrid 3-in-1. If you are getting remote enough that making a 2nd trip to pack out your deer is out of the question, the Eberlestock is the only way to go. For my style of hunting, I want to stay as light and sweat free as I can, so I prefer the big fanny pack with a harness (badlands monster would be another good choice). I'm not opposed to coming back for the quarters if I have to, or in a pinch, boning it out and lashing my game bags to my shoulder straps.

I really like the X1 because of the size and it is able to hold a gun and just by adding a butt bucket you can also carry a bow with no problem. It opens up to allow you to also carry lots of meat.

Comfort and a keeps you cooler than most packs that just sit on your back.

Good luck.

Jake- I have the eberlestock gunslinger and really like it. I really like the built in scabbard and also have the attachment that goes over the butt of the gun which both come in really handy when plowing through thick brush or when it is raining/snowing. The pack is also big enough to carry all my junk and a coues. If you are up here for the fourth you can come by and try it out if you want. Heck I know your old lady will be more than willing to let you spend money...especially if it is hunting related... :lol: - Jimmy

I have the X1 really like it alot, great for the day hunts as far as bow hunting goes ( ELK ) also have J104 love it for the rifle hunts, I usually add alot more stuff when I'm rifle hunting :blink:

The thread is 9 months old but ill chime in. I use an eberlestock gunslinger and it works great. I have buddies with the same as me and some who use the dragonfly and the x1a1. All are good packs. Depends on what you want to do. Ive never wished my gunslinger was bigger. I use a frame pack for giant loads. The x1a1 seems perfect for an archery pack or rifle pack if you dont haul as much crap as I do. I usually have 2 tripods 15's and video equipment along with calls lights sharpeners and knife and gps.