Sign in to follow this  
Eli

Youth 23 hunters

So my son has a cow elk tag and a buddy’s son has the deer tag for the youth 23 hunt. We’ll be at the ADA camp and supporting them if any of y’all  are up there for those tags or need a hand with anything. Good luck to all the youth hunters coming up! We are heading up scouting again tomorrow after school, and I’ll try to post some pics if I remember to take some. He was lucky enough to tag out on this hunt last year and Can’t wait to give it a go again! 

• Like 3

Spent the morning listening to bugles everywhere.  Got into some elk. Small groups of cows and lots of satellite bulls. Son was on cloud nine. No deer but ready to do it again next week 7EEA055E-E307-40D1-92C8-F479F4101E7C.thumb.jpeg.a9d92a93ae845b8c418e6cfbc144d663.jpeg

7D0F4A0D-9752-4DE8-AADA-EC7B1BE07970.jpeg

810E5E5F-8522-472E-98D8-05A2F2BEB660.jpeg

B8223D76-0D5E-471C-B921-6B98C870BA2C.jpeg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, zackcarp said:

Helped on the archery hunt. Saw 100s of does, and 1 buck. Good luck.

That’s sounds a lot like our archery hunt! 

I love that they do this camp for the youth. We have a deer tag for the juniors hunt in 22, but we’ll be hunting in a part of our unit that doesn’t make sense to stop by the youth camp. Good luck to all the youth hunters. 

• Like 1

Don't shoot them all, I have the tag the week after. :) Good luck to the kids. 

• Like 1

Nice to have options with both tags! 

Back out again yesterday and this morning, more does and more elk. Some nice bulls and lots of bugling still, we saw a mix of solo or cow pairs and cows herded up with bulls still. 

Man I’m excited!! I’m pretty sure I was shaking worse than he was last year. 

FFF34402-0225-4D93-B546-A696A5062E17.jpeg

3C3CF718-3640-4D09-8FAB-BE668C08EA7B.jpeg

Back up here tonight. Glassed up lots of elk, still not seeing a lot of deer. Excited to check in the camp tomorrow.  

We glassed some literally in the same spot he shot his elk last year which was pretty cool. Hoping they stay put another 36 hours. 

good luck to everyone. Enjoy the time, punching tags or not!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Eli said:

Back up here tonight. Glassed up lots of elk, still not seeing a lot of deer. Excited to check in the camp tomorrow.  

We glassed some literally in the same spot he shot his elk last year which was pretty cool. Hoping they stay put another 36 hours. 

good luck to everyone. Enjoy the time, punching tags or not!

i'll be at the camp.  we have a 22 cow tag.  talk to me about deer, maybe i can help.  i'll be in a 06 maroon chevy duramax.  tent camping.  

• Like 1

Well come see you, much appreciated. Gonna head up after sunset glassing, 01 black sequoia or 04 black expedition. Thank you.