Sign in to follow this  
Dell Oliv

Predator Call Choices

With the weather starting to cool down I am going to start getting out predator hunting. I usually just target coyotes but this year I would like to try to target bobcats and also foxes. What advice do you all have? I usually use rabbit in distress on my fox pro what other calls would you suggest I try out. Any other tips would be great as well!

Thank you in advance. 

Rabit distress is always good. And crazy critter. I have called several foxes with fox distress.

foxes are easy. Bobcats are gonna be hard to target 

Grey fox distress for fox. For bobcat any predator call works but they can be slow to come in so you have to wait past the usual 15-30 you do on a coyote stand. My last bobcat came in just shy of the 2 hour mark. 

2 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Foxes like rock out croppings, ravines, canyons etc anywhere they can have a quick escape from a coyote.

^^^^ this, escape cover is key for foxes and to a lesser extent, bobcats.

If your FoxPro has "Lucky Bird" give it a try,  has worked for me.

• Like 1

I noticed with Bobcats that I've killed that they came in soon after I started calling( rabbit distress I believe), but there movement was very slow and calculated after that unlike a coyote running straight in. Both came in fast, I just saw a tan or brown flash between brush but couldn't tell what it was, only to not move again.   Then 10-15 minutes later a cat appeared out of nowhere just sitting there like he was placed there.