Sign in to follow this  
Crazymonkey

Doe hunts????

7 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

Maybe maybe my logic is wrong.we usually are talking about all the does we see on a hunt after day in the field and a cold beer at the end of the night.

Like I said in my previous post, the immediate reaction is something I feel we all can get on board with. However, the biology is the complete opposite. 

If you're not seeing enough bucks, its because too many are getting killed in that area. (or they are just better at hiding). The biology states that bucks and does are born at a 1:1 ratio, however does are not hunted in mass numbers like bucks are, therefore what we all see more of. 

Same goes for most species of animals. 

One thing  Arizona has that the mid west does  not

is a healthy population of lions ,No need to put more  pressure on the does. just my 2 cents.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Crazymonkey said:

Maybe maybe my logic is wrong.we usually are talking about all the does we see on a hunt after day in the field and a cold beer at the end of the night.

So you want to see less does?

1 hour ago, wish2hunt said:

So you want to see less does?

Like most I'd like to see a few bucks in the mix of things .so if you look at the post from first coues was 80 he has a 1to 1 ratio and if we already have an area with a high doe population and add 50 percent of the next generation it only makes the problem worse. The bucks get hunted and the doe only are subject to predidation and the lop sided ratio never gets any better.

I think it's been spoken-to and answered by several guys already on here.  Killing more does will NOT result in you seeing more bucks.  (Also, seeing lots of does does NOT cause you to see fewer bucks.)  Your statement of "...makes the problem worse." assumes there is a 'problem' in the first place.  From a biological perspective, seeing lots of does is not a problem. ;) 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

Like most I'd like to see a few bucks in the mix of things .so if you look at the post from first coues was 80 he has a 1to 1 ratio and if we already have an area with a high doe population and add 50 percent of the next generation it only makes the problem worse. The bucks get hunted and the doe only are subject to predidation and the lop sided ratio never gets any better.

Get better at hunting and you’ll see more bucks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am still trying to figure out why he thinks shooting does will produce more bucks. But I would like to try some of what he is smoking.

• Haha 2

So we go from different views to picking fights.way to have some conversation on some issues .I do see bucks and hunt I'd just like to see a better quality and age class that's all .glad to see we all can be grown-up about things