Sign in to follow this  
dtower

Optics Rentals - Delete

Need an extra pair of Binos for my wifes Deer and Elk hunt coming up, Not sure if she really likes hunting....yet and don't want to buy nice glass for her yet. (Swaro,Leica). 10x42's or 12's

Contact info on rental outfits ?

Thanks

DT

Edited by dtower
SEARCH IS COMPLETED - THANKS GUYS

Here's my 2 cents and my advice is prolly worth what you pay for it.  Hahaha.

Renting is an option, but I found it a little pricey plus the other intangibles like worrying about damage or loss, etc..  If you have the time, find a deal on a quality used pair and make those work for her trip and then adjust as necessary if they are the wrong ones for any reason.

If you buy a quality pair at a decent price, you'll get a lot of your money back if you have to sell as quality binos hold their value well.

Good luck,

Eddie

• Like 2

I have rented optics from Ross Outdoors before. I rented some bino's for my daughter on her deer hunt, didnt want to spend the money and not have her like hunting.

I also rented a spotter for myself from Ross Outdoors while I helped on a sheep hunt last yr.

• Like 4

Optics4rent. Look it up online. Todd the owner is really good to work with. He mails them to you and you mail them back. Really easy and no worries at all. 

• Like 1

Optics4Rent is always out of stock!

Ross Outdoors was reasonable and super easy to rent from. I would do it again.

• Like 2

I also used Ross Outdoors to rent a spotter last year on my deer hunt and I highly recommend them. It also doubles as an opportunity to do a real field test on something you may consider buying for yourself. I looked at some of the other optics rental options and after factoring in some of the additional costs Ross was actually cheaper. 

• Like 3

Some friends have also rented from Ross and were happy.   However,  I agree with Eddie......buy something like the Viper 10x42 listed by moiscarpet for $400.  If it doesn't work out that she wants to keep hunting, they would likely sell fairly quick for 350ish and you're only out 50 bucks.  My friends rentals were more than that 

• Like 1