Scotty27

Unit 33 Hunting

Good afternoon brothers! I just recently returned home from a 2 year church mission and haven’t had the most time to scout out some spots down in unit 33 to hunt, me and my dad have coues deer tags the end of the month. Would anyone be willing to point us in a few good directions to go and hunt in the unit?

• Like 1

If I knew unit 33 at all, I would be happy to share that info with you.  I suspect Coues deer can be found throughout the unit.  But I have found they are usually located in pockets.  Use google earth as a starting point to locate the water - the more remote, the better.  Check these water holes for prints to confirm they are there in sufficient numbers.  Now you have a place to start.  They seem to like the ocotillo patches for some reason.  in the morning, they will be bedded on the northwest side of mountains in the shade.  Mid to late after noon, they often switch to the northeast side, depending on the terrain.  Best of luck and welcome home.

• Like 4

Yes I can point you in a direction! Get in your vehicle point it to unit 33 drive there, Park get out climb a hill glass look for deer or sign of deer. Repeat! I got drawn for 33 once and I thought to myself I should scout and put in the work if I want to be successful. I started with Google earth found some areas of interest, put my big boy pants on and drove there early one morning and scouted. Both my wife and I killed!  20191109_174126.thumb.jpg.bf153d5c6b5a519459f4e0abdf8c959f.jpg

20191111_191943.jpg

• Like 4
  • Great Buck! 1

He's just a pampered kid guys. Cut him some slack so he can convert some Deers then baptise all their living and deceased relatives into his cult, plus 10%.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

He's just a pampered kid guys. Cut him some slack so he can convert some Deers then baptise all their living and deceased relatives into his cult, plus 10%.

Drinking again!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

Holy Smokes! Brutal!!🤣

I think he’ll find it easier to go find the deer himself than to escout on this site again!😂

• Like 3

Shouldn’t bring religion or politics onto this website,  unless you enjoy  others abuse or opinions.   Like grabbing a loaded gun from a strangers hand, sticking to your forehead and saying,” what ya gonna do”?   

• Like 3

Actually he just stated he returned from a mission, there was no mention of his religion. Therefore the individual assumed his religion and began to bash it. There is no room for that on what is supposed to be a friendly sportsman’s website. All other points were valid about sharing spots but the line was crossed, otherwise wearing a cross or having a fish in your car would entitle the masses to judge and criticize everyone’s religious beliefs. Last statement from me, we are supposed to be a friendly sportsman community.

• Like 13