Sign in to follow this  
Mog

Legal definition of a buck

11 hours ago, Flatlander said:

It used to be longer than the ear. Now they just say buck. 

You sure about that? That's what I always thought too, but got that wrong long ago on a guides test.

I think it is strictly a male antelope, which can be identified by the black patches on its face.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flatlander said:

Same. I know for a fact it was in place in 2001 because I was cited for it and my citation read “Harvesting buck antelope horn shorter than the ear”.

My arrow clipped the edge of the window on my ground blind and went over the back of the buck I was shooting at and center punched a fawn buck. I self reported and even asked if I could tag the animal because it was a buck, but no dice.

That sux. You get to go before the butt munchers that were on the commission back then trying to disprove  their lacking physical endowments? 
I sat in on meetings back then and got totally disillusioned with their ego serving bs

6 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

That sux. You get to go before the butt munchers that were on the commission back then trying to disprove  their lacking physical endowments? 
I sat in on meetings back then and got totally disillusioned with their ego serving bs

No, they didn’t go after me for restitution or my privileges. I appeared in court in Prescott where the judge told me hunting stories from when he was a kid and then fined me the court minimum $100. 

I was only 18 and since I self reported I think he felt bad for me.

• Like 1