Sign in to follow this  
twigsnapper

Storage tote ideas for Camp Chef 3 burner stove...

Anybody have a hard container/tote storage idea for 3 burner camp chef stoves?  All I can find are the soft zip up bags and I want something more rigged and preferably hard sided.  I'm about to build one from plywood but thought I would check the "outdoor brain trust" before I start the project...  I looked at the military surplus pelicans but can't find one the right size.  

Thanks

Andy

Interested in the response here. I have the soft case for my 3 burner but the legs always end up tearing the material. 

16 minutes ago, AllBoutHuntn said:

Interested in the response here. I have the soft case for my 3 burner but the legs always end up tearing the material. 

Same here. Definitely interested in any ideas. 

I’ve had mine in the soft case for years and never thought about it. It’s heavy enough as it is. A plywood box would make it even heavier. Is there a reason your soft case isn’t working? Maybe build a exo-skeleton that’s attached?

11 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I’ve had mine in the soft case for years and never thought about it. It’s heavy enough as it is. A plywood box would make it even heavier. Is there a reason your soft case isn’t working? Maybe build a exo-skeleton that’s attached?

Honestly not worried about weight.  I don’t have a soft case, just seen my uncle go through about 5 of them over the years and I’d like something that protects the stove and knobs better on nasty bumpy roads and is more stackable.  That’s what prompted me to look for something more rigid.  

• Like 1

Order a large kydex, laminate counter or cutting board and use that as bottom.  Or kydex big enough to heat gun and mold to the outline of the frame.

If just needing for bottom of the laminate or kydex. Run a piece of rubber or hose glued around edge to keep sharp edge on material soft.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, twigsnapper said:

Honestly not worried about weight.  I don’t have a soft case, just seen my uncle go through about 5 of them over the years and I’d like something that protects the stove and knobs better on nasty bumpy roads and is more stackable.  That’s what prompted me to look for something more rigid.  

I've gone through a few soft cases myself and needing another now. They are junk.

I'm thinking something like this.  Found these out in California.  It's a little bigger than I need but it could work.... $125 on FB

image.thumb.png.3f0cdd9392ef485f6b42674cf8236d79.png

These are in Tucson for $100, not quite big enough for my stove.

image.thumb.png.7253f506efb79be79b1a522415ad96da.png

There is a guy in Phx that sells a ton of military cases. I don’t have facegram or whatever that shat is but he’s on there.  Az cases or something like that. 
I have a double burner in a hard plastic molded tote but I don’t think it would fit a triple.