Sign in to follow this  
zackcarp

Sonoita Youth Camp Help

I got word the Youth Deer camp is still short a few mentors this weekend from Friday to Saturday. Curious if any of the Southern guys are available. 

North of Sonoita on the East side of HWY 83. About 3.5 miles down Empire Ranch road. I believe Arizona Mule Deer Organization is the one putting it on.

On 10/5/2021 at 6:22 PM, zackcarp said:

I got word the Youth Deer camp is still short a few mentors this weekend from Friday to Saturday. Curious if any of the Southern guys are available. 

I sure I’m the only one late to the party but did you know that there are companion/population control hunt tags available for javelina for some of the southern Az JR deer tags ?

1 hour ago, oz31p said:

I sure I’m the only one late to the party but did you know that there are companion/population control hunt tags available for javelina for some of the southern Az JR deer tags ?

I did know there were Javi hunts, but not as companion tags.

8 minutes ago, zackcarp said:

I did know there were Javi hunts, but not as companion tags.

The regs call them population control hunts commission order  #26,  but the lady’s at hq call them companion.  And they are only 15 buck 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oz31p said:

Crazy, member in route to AZ mentioned this to me and I thought he was crazy. Now I hope I'm wrong and get to see 2 animals hit the dirt this weekend

Holy grass. 

im in an area I’ve been before but with the dark and the grass I  got alittle turned around and went down a road i can’t turn around my motor home and trailer around lol. I’ll work it out tomorrow in the day light 

Did you get out? Not many kids showed up to the camp when I was there. Might be worth taking your daughter to eat dinner and win some prizes.

5 minutes ago, zackcarp said:

Did you get out? Not many kids showed up to the camp when I was there. Might be worth taking your daughter to eat dinner and win some prizes.

Ya I got it out and turned around. I completely missed one of the open camp areas in the dark last night .

I would but she’s looking forward to some ribeyes , and bow hunting some javelina 

• Like 2