Sign in to follow this  

elk

is it just me or does it seem like there are a lotta really nice bulls being taken in the bow hunts this year? dang, i've got a lotta photos of some good bulls this years. several over 350. one they say was over 400. my cousin's boy killed a really good 6x6 in 27. all that rain did some good. sure seems like they are filled out real well this year. i can't wait till the late hunt. Lark.

There has also been alot of real nice coues taken as well as antelope. I think overall this has been a very good year, so far.

i think right now is the good ol' days for coues deer. i remember my dad talking about how many there were in the 50's and early 60's and i guess folks could really stack em up. i can't recall a time when so many big ones were taken on such a regular basis. good optics and the ability to get way back in the rough stuff, i guess. my ol' man never even had a scope or binoculars then. and the bulls i've seen taken this year seem to be extra good. there were a lot of predictions that the good rain in the mountains would really fill out the antlers. good to see. maybe i can get me a spike with real fat horns. Lark.

Big horns this year for sure, lots of rain, lots of feed...big ol' horns!! Checked in a bull a few days ago that scored roughly 411"!! I have never seen a bull that big up close, its just friggin' enormous!!!

-Jeremy-

Lark,

What we saw last weekend indicated that the horn growth is awesome.We saw two bulls that we saw last year and both of them were at least thirty points bigger.Of course I know one year older had some to do with it. My Dad shot the smaller one on Sat. If I can figure out how to attach the pictures,I will.

Noel

Huge horns this year. I'm lucky enough to live right up the street from Trapper's Den, so I get to see a lot of the racks coming off of the Reservation. Let me just tell ya, there is one in there right now that will blow your lid. Would have loved to have taken and posted pics here of it, but since I don't know the shooter, didn't figure it was my place to do so. According to the very knowledgable staff there it is the new #5 in the world scoring 459 (gross, I assume). They even have a shed from two years ago.

I've also been helping a buddy in 3C this year, and I've been amazed at the number of exceptionally big bulls we've seen so far on his hunt.