Good evening, I'm new here! I was told by a friend of mine that there are some younger folks on here that do euro mounts.  If anyone has their info I would much appreciate it. Since I probably won't get this opportunity again, I figured it would be best to have someone mount it that knows what they're doing. This sheep was road killed south of gila bend and I got the salvage tag. First time posting in a forum so forgive me. Thanks in advance!

20211009_172725.jpg

• Wow! 1

The highway runs through a gap right between two big lava rock mountains. I would imagine he was crossing from one side to the other and didn't look both ways.

27 minutes ago, Chet707 said:

The highway runs through a gap right between two big lava rock mountains. I would imagine he was crossing from one side to the other and didn't look both ways.

Just north of the check point? That’s amazing, congrats 

Yessir, right in the middle of black gap! I couldn't believe it. I had always been told that there are sheep up there but until today I hadn't seen one.  I have seen them out near hat mountain but never close to the highway before.

rossislider 

His son does amazing euro mounts.  He’s done pronghorn and bison for me.  Send him a message to his inbox here. 

I drive that to and from Cholla Bay, only  ever saw one deer ( big buck) hit in the monument years ago. Hope your vehicles ok, btw the meat on bighorn is great.. Sucks for next years draw, looks to be  class 3 ram, may have been mature next year with the moisture.

17 minutes ago, Chet707 said:

Yessir, right in the middle of black gap! I couldn't believe it. I had always been told that there are sheep up there but until today I hadn't seen one.  I have seen them out near hat mountain but never close to the highway before.

It’s amazing how they travel. Sucks for that ram but very cool. 

Your lucky to get the salvage tag .we were out in quartzite last year for my buddies son's big horn hunt scouting and ran across a lovely lady officer and she put us in the right spot and said a sheep was down .we asked if we could salvage it and got a big nope .I guess its at there discretion.here is the pics .

0802201108a.jpg

0802201108.jpg

3 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

Your lucky to get the salvage tag .we were out in quartzite last year for my buddies son's big horn hunt scouting and ran across a lovely lady officer and she put us in the right spot and said a sheep was down .we asked if we could salvage it and got a big nope .I guess its at there discretion.here is the pics .

0802201108a.jpg

0802201108.jpg

Yessir, I couldn't believe it. Took awhile to get ahold of game and fish since it was a Saturday. How did the sheep hunt go?

Buddy's boy got a good ram 4 or 5 hundred yard shot .I had to work so I couldn't join in.kid looks straight outa duck dynasty but is only 30 something and got a tag his dad has been waiting for twice as long

9110.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

0802201108a.jpg

0802201108.jpg

It's my understanding that the WM has to verify that the kill was not illegal.  The vehicle thing is pretty straight forward  and may account for the ease of getting the salvage permit.  

• Like 3