Sign in to follow this  
azsugarbear

Lost Your Rifle?

A guy over on longrangehunting.com has posted in the 'guns for sale' section of their classifieds about a rile that was found this past Weds/Thurs in the Behm Mesa area near Bagdad.  It's a custom LR rig built on a factory action.  If this might be yours, get in contact with him.

50 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

If you can't keep track of your gun, please don't hunt..

Coming from a perfect hunter 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vowell said:

Yeah, some people don’t understand how accidents happen. Must be nice to live in a perfect world. 

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, matt said:

Yeah, some people don’t understand how accidents happen. Must be nice to live in a perfect world. 

Agree, but maybe he is perfect 🤷🏼‍♂️. I’ve seen this first hand from a good buddy of mine that is more than a hunter than 99% of guys and gals on here. I have also found a rifle and was able to find the owner. I also Have left my shotgun by the tire of my truck and left it loading to kill some dogs at 3am. Luckily I remember and it was so early in the morning that no one was awake when I went back. 
Instead of making stupid comments from a couch, some are actually hunting. Let’s hope the owner is found!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Vowell said:

Agree, but maybe he is perfect 🤷🏼‍♂️. I’ve seen this first hand from a good buddy of mine that is more than a hunter than 99% of guys and gals on here. I have also found a rifle and was able to find the owner. I also Have left my shotgun by the tire of my truck and left it loading to kill some dogs at 3am. Luckily I remember and it was so early in the morning that no one was awake when I went back. 
Instead of making stupid comments from a couch, some are actually hunting. Let’s hope the owner is found!

Agreed. That’s gotta be a shitty feeling realizing your rifle was lost. My buddy accidentally dropped his brand new swaro’s as he was carrying his stuff out after dark. Thankfully no buddy was out there and he retrieved them in the morning. shoot happens to good people too. 

• Like 2

Great to hear that the guy is going to the trouble to find the owner! Little different scenario but a few years back, I was watching a buck with my wife about a mile off. I decided to go after him so while I was packing up my pack I told her to keep her eyes on him. Got all packed up and took off, got about 500 yards out when I realized forgot my gun! We still laugh about that one. I told her she better not tell anyone but didn’t take but a week and we were both telling on me! Guess a little time dulls the embarrassment! So yeah crap happens out there!

• Like 1

WildWoody is a great guy and avid hunter. He's been very good to me and others. I appreciate his goodness! Why not afford him greater latitude for something less serious than losing a rifle.

I hope the lost rifle was not do to an injury or other emergency and that the owner is able to recover it. Kudos to the honor of the OP! And to azsugarbear for posting this to help out.

• Like 2

On my recent hunt i lost my range finder $$$$ lost a power pack and solar pannel set up $$$$ walked off without my bow twice. haha got lost hiking out in the dark with onx and ribons tied in trees????

I know several guys that left pistols laying after pooping. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Vowell said:

Pretty fucking close ahole.

• Haha 3
  • Great Buck! 1

2 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Your long term memory trumps your short

2 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

On my recent hunt i lost my range finder $$$$ lost a power pack and solar pannel set up $$$$ walked off without my bow twice. haha got lost hiking out in the dark with onx and ribons tied in trees????

I made sure to put mine in my zipper pocket this morning. I knew my dumb butt would leave it and have to go get it. Lol.