Sign in to follow this  
azsugarbear

Lost Your Rifle?

59 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Pretty fucking close ahole.

I know you are in the top 1%, but not everyone is like you. Sorry if I offended you bud. 

• Like 1

I have left my rifle behind twice  and my bow once.

It is usually code talk as in i/we need one more day to hunt. And its the only surefire way to get a yard pass for one more day from the Mrs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Top one percent of what? its like people have a reminder on your phone that there kids in the back seat, they shouldn't have kids. I left and lost many of things in the woods but never a gun, but you just do what you do. 

• Like 1

This "Lost Long Range Rifle" was found in its case so maybe bounced out of the back of a UTV.

50 some years ago, dad and I left a .22 rifle leaning against the jeep after lunch and some plinking. I was probably 9 years old but got the blame. Remington replaced the rifle.

A couple years ago I took my pistol off my belt during a nature call. I set it on a limb and it fell out of sight. Due to fatigue, I left the camp thinking it was already in my bags. Went back a week later and found it.

Yeah, chit happens.

• Like 4

I think at some point every one has it happen usually not a gun .we find gloves and such all the time I've found several trial cams in 23 before must have bounced out of a sxs .my dad lost a spotting scope in 6a one minute its in his pack next its gone lucky it was cheap.on my first elk hunt I lost my wallet we were on quads and covered lots of ground i shot a cow and was home when I figured it out I had to go back up and hike all the spots we had been brought my rifle just in case I ran into some cridders and on the last trial I found it next to a pile of bear shoot.lesson learned don't carry wallet on hunts and check your zippers and the ground around you before you make a move.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

I think at some point every one has it happen usually not a gun .we find gloves and such all the time I've found several trial cams in 23 before must have bounced out of a sxs .my dad lost a spotting scope in 6a one minute its in his pack next its gone lucky it was cheap.on my first elk hunt I lost my wallet we were on quads and covered lots of ground i shot a cow and was home when I figured it out I had to go back up and hike all the spots we had been brought my rifle just in case I ran into some cridders and on the last trial I found it next to a pile of bear shoot.lesson learned don't carry wallet on hunts and check your zippers and the ground around you before you make a move.

I lost a pair of prescription sunglasses one time but the worst was a 357 Dan Wesson that came out of the Cowboy Holster while on a HAM hunt near Roosevelt about 40 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1