BritSaz

2 cows opening day!!

I am so proud of my boys, even my 6 year old. They really put in the work to have an amazing hunt. Their tag was in 5bs/6A we signed up for the youth camp that the Elk Society was putting on there. They really do a great job with all of the youth camps. They teach the kids so much and everyone there is always so happy for the kids and willing to help. We also stayed in one of the bunk houses that they have there and the kids thought that was really cool. 

We got into them right away my oldest got his down around 10am and my middle son got his around 5:30pm. We hiked altogether about 12 miles. It was a long day but well worth it. They were really rutting hard, a few times we were on a herd the bulls were surrounding the cows so I was nervous for them to shoot, but it all worked out. It was really fun experience it as a family.

We live in queen creek and luckily Miller's Southwestern Processing was there. They are nice and very efficient.

(It wouldn't let me upload all of the family pictures for some reason)

IMG_20211008_133626.jpg

IMG_20211008_193221.jpg

IMG_20211009_112453.jpg

IMG_20211009_112726.jpg

IMG_20211008_115110.jpg

• Like 27

Great job! That’s a lot of work 2 in 1 day

• Like 2

Great to see! Nice job keeping the kiddos on the critters. They will remember that for their entire lives.

• Like 1

It felt like 5 days of hunting in one day. Lol

• Like 2

I love that you hiked, showing them how to hunt the right way.  To many people out there driving around in quads and utv's saying they're hunting.  Well dona.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Riesop said:

I love that you hiked, showing them how to hunt the right way.  To many people out there driving around in quads and utv's saying they're hunting.  Well dona.

It was not easy with a 6 year old that gets bored after 2 mins, but even with him not being that quiet we were on them all day. Even when we hung back a little a couple times a bull and a couple cow came into us at about 20 yards (my hunter were not with us of course) and they were not bothered by us in the least. He thought that was so cool. 

IMG_20211008_080240.jpg

IMG_20211008_080821.jpg

• Like 1