Sign in to follow this  
Lookin4amonster

Well, we'll see..

I write to you all from elk camp in 7E..

Tonight at about 6:20pm I took a 9-yard shot at a decent bull.. I'll tell the whole story later, but the shot was taken through a patch of juniper branches and the arrow wasn't recovered. I feel pretty confident about the shot & at 9-yards it can richochet and still make solid contact..

We're gonna give him the night to bleed out on case the shot was a little far back, but everyone say a quick little prayer that the shot was solid & the bull didn't suffer. I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks,

Ryan (Lookin4amonster)

Hope it killed em'! Ya did da right thing!

SOOOOOO...Did you find him or what???

I write to you all from elk camp in 7E..

Tonight at about 6:20pm I took a 9-yard shot at a decent bull.. I'll tell the whole story later, but the shot was taken through a patch of juniper branches and the arrow wasn't recovered. I feel pretty confident about the shot & at 9-yards it can richochet and still make solid contact..

We're gonna give him the night to bleed out on case the shot was a little far back, but everyone say a quick little prayer that the shot was solid & the bull didn't suffer. I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks,

Ryan (Lookin4amonster)

Wow guys, I completely forgot I wrote this post from my iphone in camp.. I guess the adrenaline got to my head or something

Anyways, it was a clean miss unfortunately. We returned the next morning and tracked the bull for over 500 yards and didn't find a drop of blood or any other sign that I had connected. We then returned to the spot of the shot and found a nick in the branch where I'm guessing it ricocheted.

I was very disappointed that at only 9 yards I wasn't able to squeeze through like 5 tiny branchs and make some sort of contact in the vitals, but the experience itself was amazing and it's hard to complain when you get to go elk hunting for 11 days.

Sorry again for the delay