Might not be too many members here need this service but maybe you have friends that would like to use it. The Phoenix Silhouette club will be at Ben Avery running a sight in service this Wednesday through Saturday starting at 7:00 AM till 2:30 PM. It cost $10 for the first rifle and $10 for the second rifle after that its $5 a rifle. Heck come drop in anytime and for $10 we will probably let you do your own work if you like, far more relaxing than main range. We will be at the small bore range and it is only a 100 yard range.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, AZAV8ER said:

Might not be too many members here need this service but maybe you have friends that would like to use it. The Phoenix Silhouette club will be at Ben Avery running a sight in service this Wednesday through Saturday starting at 7:00 AM till 2:30 PM. It cost $10 for the first rifle and $10 for the second rifle after that its $5 a rifle. Heck come drop in anytime and for $10 we will probably let you do your own work if you like, far more relaxing than main range. We will be at the small bore range and it is only a 100 yard range.

Cool way to earn a little money for your club.

Being an 'average hack' shooter, I've on occasion taken advantage of the sight-in service the range masters will sometimes provide (if they have time).  Not so much to zero-in, but to maybe get the rounds on paper if I have a newly mounted scope or something.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BeardownAZ said:

Does anyone do anything themselves anymore? Sheesh

i was about to respond to this cuz maybe beginners need help. but then read stanleys reply about asking for help to bore sight a rifle at the range and realized you might be right 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, BeardownAZ said:

Does anyone do anything themselves anymore? Sheesh

Along that line of questioning. I was at sams club today and across the parking lot there was a 20 car line for the free tire air pressure check and top off station. Lol. 20 car line. Couldn’t believe it. Wondering how long they waited to get their pressure checked and topped off. 

• Haha 1
  • Wow! 1

5 minutes ago, Rag Horn said:

Along that line of questioning. I was at sams club today and across the parking lot there was a 20 car line for the free tire air pressure check and top off station. Lol. 20 car line. Couldn’t believe it. Wondering how long they waited to get their pressure checked and topped off. 

That is hilarious. 

35 minutes ago, Rag Horn said:

Pulled next to a guy the other day Houghton and Broadway who was riding on his rim in a pretty new SUV.  Got his attention and told him something I thought he didn’t know. He said he knew and was going to take it to Discount close  to I10 (probably 10 miles). Tire was trashed and the rim too by the time he got there. The world is lazy!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I guess this could be a good thing.  I always thought sighting in a gun was one of the fundamental things you must know if you plan on any serious shooting.  One step below this and you’re better off renting a gun if that’s the effort and respect you have for guns.  I hope whoever does this is not doing it out of laziness and actually watches and learns something.  I would be totally ok with that.  I am one that loves guns and accumulate hordes of items devoted to making me better.  Things like scope leveling and mounting tools and reloading items that can fill up this page.  Some of those items I have two or more of because it makes sense to me to have more than one wrench or other measuring tool when more than one allows for better cross checks and consistency.  It’s taken me a lifetime to get everything and I don’t think I’m close to done yet. I learned recently that not everyone has that passion and aren’t interested in going that far with firearms.  As difficult as it is to see something like this, I have to not let it bug me.

• Like 2

Good for the Phoenix Silhouette Club!  It's a nice service that saves time and money, is in a controlled atmosphere, and could spark an interest in the shooting sports that leads to a great life-long hobby.  Plus, a chance to meet people who share common interests.

• Like 1

I always thought learning and understanding things you didn’t know before was part of the fun. It’s why I won’t use an outfitter. Not against them but I’d rather do it myself, trophy, no trophy, tag soup. I appreciate things more that way. That’s just me though