On 10/11/2021 at 7:21 PM, AZAV8ER said:

Might not be too many members here need this service but maybe you have friends that would like to use it. The Phoenix Silhouette club will be at Ben Avery running a sight in service this Wednesday through Saturday starting at 7:00 AM till 2:30 PM. It cost $10 for the first rifle and $10 for the second rifle after that its $5 a rifle. Heck come drop in anytime and for $10 we will probably let you do your own work if you like, far more relaxing than main range. We will be at the small bore range and it is only a 100 yard range.

What distance is sight in?  1000 and 1500 yards?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, n2horns said:

What distance is sight in?  1000 and 1500 yards?

Are you being serious? Trolling or just sarcasm? We will be on a 100 yard range. Maybe or likely I missed the humor.

On 10/12/2021 at 8:02 PM, Saguaro said:

I guess this could be a good thing.  I always thought sighting in a gun was one of the fundamental things you must know if you plan on any serious shooting.  One step below this and you’re better off renting a gun if that’s the effort and respect you have for guns.  I hope whoever does this is not doing it out of laziness and actually watches and learns something.  I would be totally ok with that.  I am one that loves guns and accumulate hordes of items devoted to making me better.  Things like scope leveling and mounting tools and reloading items that can fill up this page.  Some of those items I have two or more of because it makes sense to me to have more than one wrench or other measuring tool when more than one allows for better cross checks and consistency.  It’s taken me a lifetime to get everything and I don’t think I’m close to done yet. I learned recently that not everyone has that passion and aren’t interested in going that far with firearms.  As difficult as it is to see something like this, I have to not let it bug me.

We do see a fair number of novices when it comes to equipment and shooting. We get some young hunters we have positive interactions with and hope we sparked a desire to learn more. I had a guy last year taking his grandson on a hunt and felt like I helped him out and if the kid has a good time and is successful then maybe he is a new hunter in the fold. Yes I get the snarky comments because we see it, but maybe now because of positive experience some are better prepared and are inclined to learn more. Keep in mind, you come to us and it is $10 and if you just want to do your own sight in or verify zero no main range BS to deal with.

• Like 4

My tire story above was apples to oranges to what you’re doing. I don’t consider anyone lazy for getting help sighting their rifle in. I was fortunate to have a father who taught me at a very early age the basics. Not just firearms but automotive, construction etc. So while I don’t need that help, there are plenty who do. I’m sure it’s a good time as well!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AZAV8ER said:

Also if your are worth a darn as a rifleman come shoot with us at our matches. Can you hit a steel ram at 500M offhand?

Why yes, yes I can, and Smallbore rams at 100m also, well I used to. 10 in a row matter of fact, to wit the 3 grand slams in my avatar.  This is a hunting site, where most are very good hunters, and very knowledgeable riflemen, and it is hard to understand how someone would want someone else to get their rifle on paper. They have never experienced the guy who can't get his rifle on paper, but wants his gun sighted in at 600 yards for that long shot. FYI, if you want to hold the keys to the kingdom, usually it's with the Turkeys at 385m, not rams at 500.  Thanks for posting the service for those that would use it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AZAV8ER said:

Are you being serious? Trolling or just sarcasm? We will be on a 100 yard range. Maybe or likely I missed the humor.

sarcasm humor, got to have fun with offering sighing in and leaving it open for us to pick the range we want, just having some fun!   I practice my sigthing in the Kentucky windage style, walk her in, then accuracy through volume,

1500 yards?! We don't all shoot a 6.5 creedmoor. 

1 hour ago, ctafoya said:

1500 yards?! We don't all shoot a 6.5 creedmoor. 

your spilling the beans, magical cartridge

11 hours ago, 10Turkeys said:

Why yes, yes I can, and Smallbore rams at 100m also, well I used to. 10 in a row matter of fact, to wit the 3 grand slams in my avatar.  This is a hunting site, where most are very good hunters, and very knowledgeable riflemen, and it is hard to understand how someone would want someone else to get their rifle on paper. They have never experienced the guy who can't get his rifle on paper, but wants his gun sighted in at 600 yards for that long shot. FYI, if you want to hold the keys to the kingdom, usually it's with the Turkeys at 385m, not rams at 500.  Thanks for posting the service for those that would use it.

Turkeys have humbled many a shooter.