DonkeyMan

Guided Mexico Coues Hunt, how big of a buck should you holdout for?

You will enjoy the solitude of Mexico. Don’t expect a hundred inch buck around every corner. When you get off the beaten path, its another world compared to Az in many ways including the salt of the earth people! Like trophy said $50 here! I spend my $ on Mexico bass! But that’s just me! Have a good time!

18 minutes ago, Sky Island junkie said:

You will enjoy the solitude of Mexico. Don’t expect a hundred inch buck around every corner. When you get off the beaten path, its another world compared to Az in many ways including the salt of the earth people! Like trophy said $50 here! I spend my $ on Mexico bass! But that’s just me! Have a good time!

Thank you much appreciated!

unless you KNOW there are bigger bucks on the ranch, if you seem something over 100" you should throw some lead.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DonkeyMan said:

Thats not why Im going.. Was this directed at me?

Idk, did you say that cell service was a selling point of the hunt? If you did, then yes it was 

Just now, trphyhntr said:

Idk, did you say that cell service was a selling point of the hunt? If you did, then yes it was 

Its not a main concern of mine.  My focus is on killing a big deer.  Whether that be on a remote ranch in Sonora, or in a back alley in Nogales with full bars, I don't care..

On 10/17/2021 at 2:50 PM, Sky Island junkie said:

That’s even worse, bass are free here 

4 minutes ago, Sky Island junkie said:

If you’re fine hunting down 10 a day vs 150. Apples and oranges I have way less $ invested per Mexican largemouth than US largemouth 

My buddy bless his heart, invited me to go fishing the other day I said nah man the fishing sucks here. He messaged me later to brag that he caught 12 2lbers. I was thinking, yep just like I thought fishing sucks here 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

My buddy bless his heart, invited me to go fishing the other day I said nah man the fishing sucks here. He messaged me later to brag that he caught 12 2lbers. I was thinking, yep just like I thought fishing sucks here 

Man I remember when I thought I was KVD if I had a day like that then I got spoiled! Not sure if a good thing or bad?!

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2021 at 8:21 PM, WHT_MTNMAN said:

Public land in AZ has as good or better quality than 75-80% of Mexico.   Unless the ranch you are hunting has a long proven track record, anything over 105" should be seriously considered. Most want to kill 110+ and in the end shoot something under 100".  The benefits of Mexico include 

1. Limited to no hunting pressure

2. Food 

3. Most of the time limited cell service 

4. Good friends 

100% correct

Hunting in Mex, you’ll see way more deer and more buck to doe than AZ.  A hang up on size may lead to disappointment  on an otherwise great trip.  Based upon my two hunts down there, 100” bucks are there, may be busted up late in season  and not the average.  I shot an upper 90’s buck that was a good looking 4x3with a split eye guard.  I hunted with guys who had their taxi add 10+”  of fake antler to their busted bucks  to claim over 100”. Trophy’s in the eye of the hunter.