DonkeyMan

Guided Mexico Coues Hunt, how big of a buck should you holdout for?

3 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

Hunting in Mex, you’ll see way more deer and more buck to doe than AZ.  A hang up on size may lead to disappointment  on an otherwise great trip.  Based upon my two hunts down there, 100” bucks are there, may be busted up late in season  and not the average.  I shot an upper 90’s buck that was a good looking 4x3with a split eye guard.  I hunted with guys who had their taxi add 10+”  of fake antler to their busted bucks  to claim over 100”. Trophy’s in the eye of the hunter.

Fascinating thanks for the insight.  Mind sending me a PM I’d like to ask more questions About your experience.

I believe fake antler add ons are expensive, I've never done it.  I like things mounted as they were, including ripped up capes on antelope from the rut, torn noses on javelina from fighting  , etc...  My current guy doesnt do it, says its too much work and everyone complains about the price after they ok it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

I believe fake antler add ons are expensive, I've never done it.  I like things mounted as they were, including ripped up capes on antelope from the rut, torn noses on javelina from fighting  , etc...  My current guy doesnt do it, says its too much work and everyone complains about the price after they ok it.

A customer a while back showed me a pic of an old muley buck he’d gotten that year. Both ears were split, one probably 6”. He said I was giving him the same look the taxidermist gave him when he said he wanted the ears fixed! 😂

• Like 1