AzDiamondHeat

scope mountng question

My buddy has a savage axis in 6.5manbun and topped it with a vortex 4.5-22x50. rings are talleys(low or mid he isn't sure) I took his son out to get it zeroed yesterday and ran into a problem. After a 100yd zero there is only 10 clicks of elevation left. I have never run int this problem before. Is this a known issue with a known solution? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You could shim the rear ring, by putting something like a piece of soda can or actual shim under the base of the rear ring. Shiming is probably the least desirable way to go, as it will put stress on your scope.

Talley are convenient and economical, but in recent years I have completely gone away from them. As others suggested, I also prefer to use a 20 MOA rail to get extra elevation. 

An moa rail will only mask the issue. 

if it were mine I’d center the scope. Remove the scope and rings. Re install every thing and torque is properly. If there’s still an issue, try a quality scope. 

• Like 2

Talley makes 20moa rings. Make sure the PO didn't put the rings on backward. 

• Like 1

Is it the new Razor LHT 4.5-22x50?  It has the "rev stop" ring that comes with it, did you try removing that?  Are you saying you only have 10 MOA of UP left after mounting?  Or down?

3 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

Is it the new Razor LHT 4.5-22x50?  It has the "rev stop" ring that comes with it, did you try removing that?  Are you saying you only have 10 MOA of UP left after mounting?  Or down?

No, it is a cheap cabelas branded model. 

He only has 10 clicks of up on the turret, so that would make the reticle bottomed out correct?