Sign in to follow this  
218buck

Waldo's First Black Bear

518513083_Waldos1stBlackBear.thumb.jpg.d036d146a04d7f43fab056db645de92b.jpg

This all started with my best friend and business partner Waldo wanting to take a black bear for most of his life! After my daughter Tessa had taken a giant bear a few years ago as well as myself taking a several bears in the past....  we purchased a bear hunt at a mule deer banquet put on by Terry Herndon. The hunt was offered by Travis the owner of OCHD. We made arrangements and determined we would meet in Klondyke on Thursday the day before the hunt was opening. Just a few of the honorable mentions or perks of this hunt where: 1) Travis had a big nice fifth wheel trailer for us to stay in!  2) several of Travis's close friends came just to insure our successful outcome. 3) After a GREAT dinner and a few cocktails on Thursday night we made plans on what we were going to do for opening morning! Early open morning Friday, as per our previous night of solid planning we found ourselves glassing from a great vantage point! We immediately glassed up a really nice bear. Waldo decided  that the bear was worthy of his tag. After a short hike he was able to shoot and harvest his FIRST ever Arizona black bear!  Waldo decided to have a life size mount recreated... in my opinion there is nobody I trust more for this special trophy than Wes with Western Taxidermy.  Wes has been my go to taxidermy for many, many mounts and each and everyone of them have all turned out great! The bottom line is we would highly recommend Travis for over the top knowledge of this business as well as the excellent accommodations provided.   Thanks again!

• Like 17

I would like to be the first to tell you  congratulations well deserved my friend