PhxDT

ATV hunters running in prohibited areas

26 minutes ago, Explorer said:

I doubt any forest service 3/4 ton pickup truck is going to catch a ATV anyways. Not like they can call back up down the road if someone just out runs them.

2 weeks ago we watched G&F chase down 2 side by sides in unit 8. It took everything that truck had to catch them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

2 weeks ago we watched G&F chase down 2 side by sides in unit 8. It took everything that truck had to catch them. 

Hope they fined the crap out of them?

Major annoyance, as long as there are people this will never change. People don’t have enough respect for themselves to follow basic basic rules. 
items on our last hunt. 
1- camp squatters 

2- making new trails into camp sites

3- driving through pristine meadows with no road

4- 8 year old kids driving utv solo no helmet

5- shooting guns at night in camp

6- shitting in camp site

7- garbage, found a kill site and picked up gloves, wipes, broken havelon blades, wrappers for havelon blades, and they drove cross country on closed posted old dozer road to get to kill. Parked 40 feet from it and still left garbage. 

8- hunters coming in for next hunt plowing into the hills while current hunt is going on. Driving up to water in prime time. Hiking out of a heck hole I hit a two track with three utv and 7 dudes blowing cow calls and bugles while sitting in utv and when I asked they said they were scouting for next hunt 2 days away. It was 11 am. ????? I just said good luck and walked on shaking my head. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Major annoyance, as long as there are people this will never change. People don’t have enough respect for themselves to follow basic basic rules. 
items on our last hunt. 
1- camp squatters 

2- making new trails into camp sites

3- driving through pristine meadows with no road

4- 8 year old kids driving utv solo no helmet

5- shooting guns at night in camp

6- shitting in camp site

7- garbage, found a kill site and picked up gloves, wipes, broken havelon blades, wrappers for havelon blades, and they drove cross country on closed posted old dozer road to get to kill. Parked 40 feet from it and still left garbage. 

8- hunters coming in for next hunt plowing into the hills while current hunt is going on. Driving up to water in prime time. Hiking out of a heck hole I hit a two track with three utv and 7 dudes blowing cow calls and bugles while sitting in utv and when I asked they said they were scouting for next hunt 2 days away. It was 11 am. ????? I just said good luck and walked on shaking my head. 

I fricken hate camp shitters!!!! Alot of RV guys dumping tanks out there also. I don't like even leaving my fire ring and people do what they do these days. I guess that's what happens when people move from a state with zero public land and obviously get camping lessons from watching the homeless that live around their old communist land. They treat it like a dirt lot behind walmart.

19 hours ago, Flatlander said:

This is stupid. ATV’s are annoying but joking about shooting at people is dumb.

Your the only one talking about shooting at people.

I said warning shot. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, oz31p said:

I said warning shot. 

People WILL shoot back.

The forest service already has laws in place to stop all of the abuse that is going on in our forest they just don't enforce them.  Littering, abandoned camps, 14 day camping limit, 35 mph speed limit on forest roads are just some of the things I would love to see them enforce.   The travel management plans are a total joke.  If a road is closed then build a gate and close the road otherwise it should be open to everyone.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, missedagain said:

The forest service already has laws in place to stop all of the abuse that is going on in our forest they just don't enforce them.  Littering, abandoned camps, 14 day camping limit, 35 mph speed limit on forest roads are just some of the things I would love to see them enforce.   The travel management plans are a total joke.  If a road is closed then build a gate and close the road otherwise it should be open to everyone.   

USFS has not once followed up on a complaint call from me that I know of. They are very non confrontational but also too strapped for funds to enforce all the laws in place. Very few USFS law enforcement agents. The government is putting us citizens who care about our Arizona outdoors is a position to do something about it. I’m definitely not proud of my interactions with some idiots out there( mostly verbal tirades) but as an Arizona native it’s very hard to watch!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

Glad to hear! Was up there a few years ago and prior to that had not been in there for about 15 years. I could not believe how many roads had been made in that time! Pretty sad

15 hours ago, oz31p said:

I said warning shot. 

What is it that you are warning someone of? 

Introducing deadly force into a confrontation is an escalation and might be justification for self-defense. Suggesting this in an environment where almost everyone is armed is irresponsible.

• Like 2

Get used to it.  This is normal now.  We live in a free country and everyone will tell you about their rights and forget about their responsibilities.  I can just imagine confronting someone out there and letting them know that off road travel is wrong or at least irresponsible.  That will not go well for me.  Just look at how bad things have gotten in the last ten years.  I see roads that branch off of main roads to a nice and convenient glassing spot because it’s easier to drive the 600’ than to walk over there.  That’s normal now, just like being able to drive when and where you want.  Calling the law on them won’t get any reaction unless they happen to be minutes away.  The report that’s given if they cannot respond will be a cheap report that’s not worth the paper it’s written on because of the stack of complaints in the file these reports go.

• Like 1

Fish and game has been using drones in 6 for awhile to catch the guys running there sxs on the trails at mach4.its like a race track in some spots .you can hear them coming for a mile but when your pulling your trailer around a bend and they about crash into you because its cool to run 80 and drift thru a corner it pisses you off .I've got a sxs and use it to get close to where I'm hunting then walk in the rest.there are a lot of clubs that run the trails most weekends and just the dune guys when its to hot .absolutely hate all the trash and beer cans left behind.