Rag Horn

Stickers in pants help.

4 hours ago, Rag Horn said:

Ok this is embarrassing but how the heck do you guys get all these stickers out of your pants? I mean like an easy way? I’ve tried washing them and pulling them off individually but they just don’t want to come off! They are all over my pants and shirts. 

32170DB0-9B12-4A86-BFC9-BF7431419776.jpeg

8807B7B5-E89A-460C-BFA6-B88224C33E5B.jpeg

You let me know when you find out. 

this was two weeks ago on the jr hunt

7FA0AF15-3917-4631-AB51-5512824C710C.jpeg

Theyre the absolute worst. If they break open, it's a matter of just pulling it all off. And it sucks. 

1 hour ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Buy cheap pants..... repeat.

They didn’t even really stick to my sons cheap pants. Lol. #moremoneymorebetter

On wet years, I get those in the border unit I hunt.  I call that area the "Velcro Grasslands" because it seems everything sticks to you.  The worst is if they get in your socks and/or all over your boot laces.  They are a real PITA and the only method I've found is just to sit down and manually pull them out.  I've used my fingers, needle-nose pliers, and tweezers to help get the job done.  Maybe you could think of seed and seed-pod pulling as a meditative hobby like knitting.  The bright side is that it generally means that it was a good rainfall year.  If you come up with an easy method, let us know.

I know this thread is over a year old but after returning from a hunt with so many of these sticky "velcro" seed pods on my Prana pants that I was considering just throwing them out, I decided to experiment.

Since the alternative was throwing them out, I had nothing to lose. Instead of chucking them, however, I put them in a 5 gallon bucket and soaked them in water. (I put a rock on them so that they would be completely submerged in the water).

I let them soak for a week and after a week, I noticed a faint stink so I pulled them out. The water was a dark, tea color. Anywho, I laid the pants out on the drive way and took a stiff-bristled scrub brush and brushed the seed pods off.  Then I ran them through the washing machine.

It worked well. It's hard on the fabric but at least I don't need throw them out. Thought I'd let ya'll know.

Long-term, the answer for me will be to go with a more briar-resistant (but less comfortable) pant when I'm hunting in these areas on years when these velcro seed pods are prevalent.

• Like 1