guyhaz

.410 shells WTB

I picked up a .410 shotgun for my 9 year old daughter and didn't realize how sparse the ammo is to get. She wants to hunt turkey in the spring, so I need to get her comfortable shooting her new gun. Anybody have a box or two they want to sell? Or anyone know where I can find some online.

Thanks in advance...

26 minutes ago, guyhaz said:

I am in NE Mesa.

@Dano562

Thanks for the heads up, looks like they have some in stock.

Awesome ! I just found out about this place a couple hours 

All I can say is make sure she is shooting tungsten loads when it comes to hunting season. My daughter killed a tom this past spring at 47 yards, stoned him, didn't even flop. With a shell we handloaded. I have some lead loads(handloaded and factory) that I can help you out with and can load you some tungsten hunting loads(pm me). Tungsten is expensive. So when you go to purchase don't be surprised at the price tag. If you go factory tungsten loads, Apex and Foxtrot would be my choice. 

35 yards with our tungsten handloads out of her Stevens 301T .410 15/16oz #9.5 shot size

20210410_094450.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/21/2021 at 8:16 PM, HUNTnTAT2 said:

All I can say is make sure she is shooting tungsten loads when it comes to hunting season. My daughter killed a tom this past spring at 47 yards, stoned him, didn't even flop. With a shell we handloaded. I have some lead loads(handloaded and factory) that I can help you out with and can load you some tungsten hunting loads(pm me). Tungsten is expensive. So when you go to purchase don't be surprised at the price tag. If you go factory tungsten loads, Apex and Foxtrot would be my choice. 

35 yards with our tungsten handloads out of her Stevens 301T .410 15/16oz #9.5 shot size

20210410_094450.jpg

Good info...thanks for the reply. Funny I bought here the same shotgun. I have some Tungsten shells on order since the manufacture recommended for best performance. And yes I was really shocked how expensive they are. Figured I would get now and not wait till next year.

I would also like to thank Eli for giving me some extra shells he had laying around while I wait 20 to 30 days for mine to arrive. Now we can hit the range a try out her new rifle.